506

Chapter 91.6 Defend Huangfu Xiong

A little puppet, a little bit higher than his knee, was walking towards him staggeringly.

A hollow grey robe was hanging on its body and a big word of 'blessing' was pasted on the chest. A string of transparent amber prayer-beads were hanging on its neck, and the big bead at the bottom knocked on its wooden belly, making a crisp and pleasant sound.

"Tuk, tuk, tuk."

That small miserable white face is embedded with two huge black eyes, a small nose and a small red mouth. It is smiling so beautifully and sweetly.

With its arms open, it staggered to Huangfu Xiong's feet and then stopped moving.

"What is this?!"

Huang Fuxiong blinked vigorously, jumped down from the low couch by the window and squatted in front of the puppet.

... Then complaining that it is still too high.

He is mighty and huge. Even when he squatted down, he could only see the top of the puppet's black hair.

So Huangfu Xiong lowered his ass and sat down on the ground.

... Still too high.

The puppet waved its two small arms, like a butterfly flapping its wings.

"Want a hug?" Huangfu Xiong blurted out.

As soon as the words were spoken, he himself was also stunned.

The men of Dong state have always adhered to the tradition of 'being affectionate is harmful' so they mainly temper and suppress their children (especially their sons). The monarch rarely shows his love to his children.

For example Huangfu Jun. He threw Huangfu Du far away and turned a blind eye to him, only constantly exerting pressure and entrusting him with important tasks.

In the eyes of the men of Dong state, this is the deepest form of a father's love. This, is what real affection should be!

The same is true for Huangfu Xiong. He has never held his own son before and has always followed what his elder brother did, putting on a cold face as if his own son owed him money for eight lifetimes.

But at this moment, facing such a weird puppet of unknown origin, he blurted out the squishy words like 'want a hug'.

This is simply not protecting his integrity in his later years!

Then he saw the puppet in front of his eyes raised its small face and blinked at him twice with those pair of dark eyes. Its eyelashes fluttered, looking so cute that it almost killed him on the spot.

A pair of small arms flapped again twice.

Huang Fuxiong: "... A blessing sender child?!"

This is the first time in Huangfu Xiong's life that he has felt 'the blessing of God'. Just when he felt the most at loss, the most helpless, the most confused and the most lonely, such a completely unreasonable thing appeared beside him!

If this is not a revelation from God, what else can it be?!

With a serious face, Huang Fuxiong stretched out his round cushion-sized hands, grabbed the puppet's small body and picked it up.

"I have to check to see if it is a hidden weapon."

The puppet opened its lips and showed two rows of beautiful, slightly pointed little white teeth.

Huangfu Xiong: "..."

If there is a way to die in this world called 'death by cuteness ', Huangfu Xiong feels that he will have nothing to regret in life anymore.

He carried the puppet to the low couch like a thief. Although he knew that there was no one in the hall, he still looked around vigilantly.

Then he rubbed his beard against the puppet's beautiful little face.

Puppet: *皿*

Show him how fierce it is!

Facing the angry puppet who suddenly bared its small fangs, Huangfu Xiong felt that his soul had flown out of his body.

"Aaahhhh--Be sympathetic and kill me, please!" (It's really too damn cute)

The roar startled the bodyguard outside the hall.

The bodyguard knew that the General had been depressed for many days. Upon hearing such a voice, the bodyguard was so frightened that he rushed in without asking any question first.

"General?!" The bodyguard drew out his broad sword with a clanging sound.

Huangfu Xiong was so taken aback that he was pulled back to the earth again.

He assumed a posture of guarding a cub, circled the puppet in his arms, and then glared fiercely at his own bodyguard.

The two looked at each other in speechless dismay.

"Ge, General. Is everything all right?"

"What do you think then?! Get out!"

Huangfu Xiong hurriedly drove away the bodyguard and when he looked down, he saw that the little cutie in his arms had disappeared.

Huangfu Xiong: "???" Is it an illusion?!

When he turned his head, he saw a small end of the gray clothing exposed behind the corner of the low couch. A small hand then stretched out and pulled the end of the clothing back to hiding with a swishing sound.

Huangfu Xiong: "!!!"