583

Chapter 104.4 Each And Everyone’s Ulterior Motives

You Wuming: “…Why do I have the feeling that you are scolding me instead.”

He pinched his eyebrows somewhat annoyedly: “Little Mulberry, you know I don’t like to care about those kinds of things.”

Sang Yuanyuan smiled like a fox: “We can invite the Regent Ruler to assist in the government.”

Everyone has their own specialization. She and You Wuming are indeed not good at political affairs.

She said: “Just now, Father and them are discussing this matter. I have thought about it. After taking over Tiandu, the three states of You, Ji, and Jiang will be merged into Tiandu to facilitate management.”

Both the royal families of Ji and Jiang were wiped out by You Wuming. When he becomes the Lord of Tiandu, it is just in time to expand his territory too.

“Let’s ask the Regent Ruler to deal with these chores. When you and I return, perhaps even the affairs of our wedding will be ready too.” Sang Yuanyuan smiled and took two steps with her hands behind her back.

You Wuming was slightly stunned: “Little Mulberry, do you know where we are going?”

Sang Yuanyuan was unhappy: “You Wuming, do you really think I’m stupid? The cauldron has three legs. One is in Yun state, one is in Tiandu and the last one is in Ji state. Since the Old Yun Emperor ran away, he must have gone to Ji state.”

You Wuming hugged her happily: “What a clever fruit. No wonder you took a fancy on me.”

Sang Yuanyuan: “…”

On the way to Ji state, You Wuming told Sang Yuanyuan the information disclosed by Jiang First.

The beginning of everything was the displacement of Yun state’s glacier five hundred years ago. The Underworld Demon King exposed its whereabouts under the ice, and Old Yun Emperor, who was still the emperor at the time, personally led the army to encircle and suppress it.

At that time, the strength of the Underworld Demon King was not as strong as it is now. After the defeat, in order to protect its own life, it told the Old Yun Emperor an unknown secret and handed over a sacred object, the Heavenly Divination Mirror.

The Underworld Demon and the Heavenly Divination Mirror both came from another world. The people in that world are stronger than they can imagine. For them, the people living in the eighteen states of the Cloud Realm are just low-level creatures who eat the raw meat and drink the blood.

The underground giant cauldron was built by them, and the Heavenly Divination Mirror was a gadget they used to predict the weather. For them, a low-level world like the Cloud Realm is just a garbage dump for them to deal with the Underworld Demons. The transparent and luminous thing in the giant cauldron is the bait that firmly attracts the Underworld Demons to this world.

In the middle of You Wuming’s talk, he turned his head and looked at Sang Yuanyuan strangely: “Little Mulberry, aren’t you surprised?”

Sang Yuanyuan spread her hands: “The ancients said that there is a sky outside the sky, and there are people outside the people. Why is it strange then?”

You Wuming: “…” He was really speechless.

After a long while, he said: “The future predicted in the Heavenly Divination Mirror is indeed as Jiang Xujun and others said. On the earth, human civilization has disappeared, leaving only Underworld Demons and fire. However, the reason why the Old Yun Emperor and Jiang First joined hands to do these things together is not to save the world.”

The corners of Sang Yuanyuan’s lips floated with sarcastic smile: “Guessed it already.”

You Wuming said: “The Old Yun Emperor saw his own ending in the Heavenly Divination Mirror and knew that he would die in the future at the hands of the direct descendants of the Yun clan. The murderer’s face was unclear, and he only knew that it is a man. At that time, he had been Emperor for many years, and he had already severed the family affection in his heart. So he used the power of the Heavenly Divination Mirror to refine the blood poison. He joined hands with the Jiang clan, personally took control, and planned the disaster of the Yun clan himself. He pretended to be ill, gave way and used the blood poison to suck the vitality of the Yun clan. He made all sorts of schemes, but his own ending has not changed at all.”

Sang Yuanyuan keenly sensed something was wrong: “Even if Emperor Yun and the Jiang clan joined forces, there is no need for him to tell Jiang First these secret things about him, right? Isn’t it fine by just saying it’s for the sake of saving the world?”

You Wuming raised his eyebrows slightly: “Smart. The one who told Jiang First this inside story was not Old Man Yun, but the Underworld Demon King.”

“Oh?”

You Wuming narrowed his eyes: “The real purpose of the Underworld Demon King handing over the Heavenly Divination Mirror and joining hands with the human race is to overthrow the underground cauldron. Once the cauldron falls, the Underworld Demons can get their hands on the things in the cauldron. But the Old Man Yun is not willing to do this. He just wants to use the resonance to absorb the power in the cauldron and wants to rely on improving his strength to break the situation. So, the Underworld Demon King had no choice but to choose another ally.”