venture

....HI EVERYBODY 😃-

don't question how I came back from the dead. Hush.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Summary: you've always been a strange kid but you've always didn't mind. You were playing in an abandoned temple until you made a new friend.

Characters: you and venture

----------------------------------------------------------

You've always been different from the other kids. Not like the main characters in books. You didn't like to read (if you do, too bad, now you don't), you were fine being on your own. You've always liked your space and interests without caring what others think for your age which was surprising since you were 8 years old.

You've been granted to explore the abandoned temple near your house from your parents. They have always been strict why you shouldn't go but today your begging finally gets through to them when you hear your mum let out an annoyed sigh, a sign that finally caved in.

So, you started to explore the temple, you never knew the name of it but it looks Egyptian which was at least kinda cool. You started to explore, finding ancient artifacts which you put in your bag, of course or cool statues. You explore the place more until you hear a small drill noise.

You look around to find a person drilling into the ground, you walk over to them, curious what they are doing. You lightly tug on they're jacket "what are you doing?" You ask politely as the person stops drilling and looks down at you "drilling! What are you doing?"

The person seems friendly enough "looking around" you replied as you looked at their drill the person noticed the artifacts in your bag "where did you find those?!" They said excitedly.

You smile up at them "I found them, wanna see them?" The person nodded excitedly as they inspected the artifacts including letting out a small ramble of each one about when they were around and how old they are "what's your name kid??" You look up at the person.

"(Y/n) ((Or reader, whatever you prefer))" The person smiles at you "nice name! Call me venture!" You and venture started to bond over things, like hobbies, history and even pets. They showed you their pet rock, rosella.

You and venture talked for so long, it began to get dark, you tried to leave until they hold you back "how about we stay here for a little while longer! Your parents wouldn't mind at all!" You were hesitant, your parents were strict about time "I don't know..." You say as you looked up at them.

"Come on! Please! I'll even walk you home when it gets too dark! I know where I'm going!" You stare at them confused as you think about their last part of their sentence "...you know where I live?" "Of course I do!" They say without realising their mistake.

It took venture a minute before realising "oh...um.." they were hesitant now as well, when you tried to leave, they gently grabbed your arm "don't be afraid i won't hurt you" you felt uncomfortable as you feel nervousness rise in you  "why did stalk my house?" "Because you're just like me!"

You were confused "no, I'm not, I'm not a stalker" now venture was slightly taken back by your sass. They frown slightly "...come on, y/n ((or whatever you prefer) stay with me a bit?" "No! Let go!"

Venture just picks you up and started to walk away as you struggle "hey! No! Let go!" They kept holding on you.

They smile at you and say "your just like an artifact" you frown as you kept struggling "I'm not old!"

----------------------------------------------------------

Words counted: 616

It's been a while hasn't it?