Chapter 3

Saritha sat on the couch next to Lakshmi, placing her head on Lakshmi's shoulders as she began sobbing. Pallavi swallowed her saliva, exhaling her breath as she walked out of the kitchen carrying a tray of water.

" Attai...Patti..please," Pallavi said placing the tray on the table before walking towards the ladies.

Saritha's tears flowed down her cheek as she turned towards Pallavi holding her hands tightly.

" Thara and Alli yepidi naa face panne poren Pallavi ?" Saritha asked in a hysterical voice.

Pallavi exhaled her breath and placed her hands on Saritha's shoulder.

" Ninge yenna paninge..." Pallavi said trying to calm her down.

" Amma !" Thara exclaimed as she hurried inside the house with Alli.

Saritha's eyes widened as she saw Alli and Thara. She swallowed her sobs and pulled the startled women into a hug. Alli's eyebrows furrowed whole Thara frowned as Saritha hugged them both and cried as she apologised.

Pallavi walked towards them and gently pried Saritha from Alli.

" Alli...Thata ke vitals lam check panirma...aprom medicine yeduka sollu," Pallavi said to Alli who nod her head.

She glanced at Saritha feeling something heavy in her heart as she saw the woman looking helpless. Pallavi held Thara's hands as she was about to follow Alli. Pallavi frowned and shook her head.

" Vaa," Pallavi said holding Saritha while Thara frowned and helped Lakshmi before following Pallavi to the kitchen.

Alli sighed as she walked towards Ravi Raghavendra's room. She knocked the door and opened it gasping loudly.

Vajra's eyes widened as he saw her. He immediately got up while Alli subconsciously tucked her hair behind her ears. Her tummy twisted as she averted her face from his gaze.

" Alli..." Vajra said in a soft voice making Alli swallow her saliva, her hands clenched together as she willed her tears from flowing.

" Yeppe vantinga Vajra ?" Alli asked as she fiddled over the medicinal kit.

" Morning...nee-" Vajra quickly bend down and helped Alli who dropped the box when she felt him coming closer to her. Alli and Vajra squat down and picked up the tablets. Alli quickly snatched a strip and walked towards Ravi.

" Thata dinner saptingala ?" Ravi smiled softly and nod his head.

" Seri ninge inthe tablet podunga...Naa poi milk yedutu varen...Naliki Vajra kude innum pesalam but ippe milk drink panitu thoonganum," Alli said with a small smile kissing Ravi Raghavendra's cheek.

She glanced at Vajra who was staring intently at her. Alli's whole face flushed, she quickly excused herself and walked out of the room.

" Amma...yenna achu" Alli asked Thara who looked pale and eyes reddened.

" Onnum ille ma...Thata ke yenna achu ?" Lakshmi asked turning Alli's face to her. Alli smiled widely and hugged Lakshmi.

" Tablets kuduthen...tho ippe milk kondupoi kudukeren...Vajra kude pesitu irrukaru...Thanks Patti...Vajra vanthu nalla Thata face glowing ah itruke," Allo said with a smile.

" Vajra ve parthaiya !" Thara exclaimed. Alli nod her head and walked towards the pot. She poured two glasses of milk, placing them on a tray before walking out of the kitchen.

" Alli...wait...rendu glass yethuku?" Thara rushed towards Allo stopping her in the living room.

" Thata kitta matum kudutha kudika mataru...Vajra kitte pesitu apidiye irruparu...athan rendu perukum," Alli said with a soft voice.