Chapter 40

●○●○●○●○3 months later●○●○●○●○●

Anitha swallowed her saliva, rubbing her small bump slightly as she walked up the stairs. Her eyes widened seeing Riya passed out on the bed, a knife laid down on the floor.

Anitha gasped and quickly waddled towards the bed. Her eyes went wide seeing the tears on Riya's cheek.

" Riya..eh Riya!!" Anitha shouted as she tried to shake Riya's shoulder.

" Innum savala anni," Riya said in a soft tone with self deprecating smile as she got up and wiped her eyes.

Anitha frowned and slapped her face making Riya chuckle.

" Innum adinga...adichi savaadichirunge...yeneke thaan thairiyam varala suicide panrathuku," Riya said causing Anitha to groan and shook her head.

" Née yendi saganum! Yendi Riya ipidi  pesitu irruke," Anitha asked Riya who swallowed her saliva.

" Period varale..." Riya said wiping her eyes. Anitha's eyes widened as her mouth parted with shock.

Anitha swallowed her saliva and pat Riya who started crying out loud. Anitha shook her head and wiped Riya's tears before looking at her sternly.

" Don't do anything stupid!" She said as she bend down and grabbed the knife before waddling away.

" Anitha!" Nelson shouted as he walked upstairs and grabbed the knife from her hand.

Anusha furrowed her eyebrows as she rushed behind her husband.

" Yennadi katti ah tookitu sutitu irruke! Paitiyama unake athu inthe matiri time le!" Anusha shouted at Anitha who exhaled her breath.

" Nalla velai...mama poi car ah start pannunge...Attai kude vanga," Anitha said and waddled away.

Anusha looked at Nelson who furrowed his eyebrows looking in concern. She nod her head to Nelson who bobbed in agreement before walking downstairs.

" Amma!" Riya shouted as she rushed towards Anusha crying loudly. Anusha frowned and wrapped her arms around Riya's shoulders as the girl sobbed earnestly. Anitha sighed and swallowed her saliva as she walked towards the mother and daugther.

" Vanga pogalam," she said quietly, holding Anitha's hands.  Anusha frowned as she followed the girls. Nelson pursed his lips together as he jerked his head at Anusha who shook her head.

************************************

Alli's eyes widened as she saw Anitha and Riya alongside Anusha and Nelson sitting on the bench. She passed the file to the nurse and hurried towards them.

" Anitha...yenna achu ?" Alli asked Anitha who exhaled her breath.

Alli furrowed her eyebrows seeing Riya's pale face. Her eyes widened as Anitha gave her a resigned look and nod.

" Nurse, help her to my cabin," Alli said gesturing to Riya as Alli helped Anitha up. Nelson and Anusha looked worriedly at Anitha who was whispering to Alli.

" Anitha yenna achu ma ?" Nelson asked.

" Cabin ke mothele pogalam uncle," Alli said with a small smile before walking away.

Anusha and Nelson frowned watching the nurse pass Riya a cup while Alli rummaged her drawers.

" Nurse avangala bathroom ke kutitu ponge," Alli said with a professional voice.

Once Riya left, Alli rubbed her forehead exhaling her breath while Nelson helped Anitha to sit down.

" Yenama nadakuthu ? " Anusha asked looking at the girls who swallowed their saliva as they looked at Nelson.