Chapter 9

Thara sighed softly, rubbing her lower eye lid before placing the blank ink under Alli's cheek.

" Yen kanne patrom polle irruke..." Thara said with a soft smile as she placed a kiss on Alli's forehead.

Alli smiled and hugged Thara who sighed and pat her back.

" Alli...née vanthe aganuma ?" Thara asked in a worried tone. Alli swallowed her saliva and nod her head.  Thara pinched the bridge of her nose and pat her arms before walking away.

Alli grabbed a small present bag while Mansi held a tray of sweets, Chandni holding a tray of fruits and Thara took the tray filled with glass bangles.

Kishan and Dr Mehta smiled at the ladies as they walked out of the house. Everyone climbed into the car and drove away with Aaryn watching them leaving from his balcony.

Alli smiled as she stepped out of the car. The house was decorated lavishly with garlands of flowers and a large rangoli kolam. Mansi cleared her throat and nudge Alli, jerking her head towards the house. Alli smiled and nod her head as the girls walked inside.

Saritha's eyes widened seeing her daugther and her family bringing a few trays.  Thara, Chandni and Mansi walked towards the designated place and kept their trays while Alli looked over with a wide smile.

" Aunty," she said in a soft tone, nodding at Saritha who gave her a small smile. Alli's eyes widened as Saritha swiftly pulled Alli into a hug and whispered thank you.

Thara smiled widely as she saw Anusha and Riya. She beckoned Alli to follow her as they walked towards Anusha. Alli gave a nod and smile to Anusha and Riya while Thara hugged the ladies.

" Un husband varale ?" Anusha asked Thara who gave a grim smile as she told her about her husband's sudden trip.

Alli sighed and quickly walked away before leaning against the wall beside the stairs away from everybody.

" Unale yepidi inge vara mudinjuchu ?" A husky voice whispered in Alli's ears.

Alli's eyes widened seeing Naveen standing next to her wearing a beige Sherwani and marroon pants.

" Puriyele," she whispered  frowning slightly as Naveen stood next to her leaning against the wall.

" Unake rombhe pudicha orutan...vere ponnu kude...santhosama ithu seiya mothu unale yepidi inge vara mudinjuchu ?" Naveen asked, his sharp face looking at her intently.

Alli chuckled and shook her head.

" The answer lies in your question. Yeneke rombhe pudicha oruthar...avannukaga vanturuken...avana pudikum bothu yepidi avanuku pudicha ponnu mele yeneke hate varum ? Avanode baby mele yepidi verupu varum ?" Alli asked Naveen who chuckled and shook his head.

" Yeneke vantuche...unga appa and unmele..." Naveen said with a smirk.

Alli chuckled and shook her head. " Unge behaviour apidi pole...yeneke Vajra nalla iruntha pothum...Avan first and foremost yeneke oru nalla friend...anthe friendship kaga naa irrupen," Alli said in a soft voice.

" Unne mathiri ponna na parthathe ille..." Naveen said with a smile. 

His Adam's apple bobbed as Thara walked towards them with a confused expression. Naveen sighed and gave her a tiny nod before walking away. Thara looked at Alli and placed her hands on Alli's shoulders. Alli smiled and shook her head assuring Thara that everything is fine.

" Alli! Yendi ma née inge," Mihira asked with concerned as she pulled Alli into a hug.

" Yen periama...varakudatha ?" Alli asked softly. Mihira sighed and kissed her cheeks while Yantra pat her head.