Chapter 10

Thara zipped the luggage bag while Alli rechecked her toiletries and make up kit.

Ram and Krishi were having fun playing with her shawls that were discarded on the bed.

" Periama...Biscuits...aprom konjam chips and then 3in1 horlics, Milo and Maggi...pothuma ?" Arvind asked as he walked inside holding a large bag.

" Amma...jacket...aprom thick socks, cardigan and wool shawl," Venkat said as he walked in with another bag.

Thara smiled at the boys and took the bags from them. Arvind and Venkat  then helped Thara to take down another small luggage before arranging the items.

" Yendi...ithu pothuma? Amma konjam podi and spices lam vekiren," Thara said as she packed the luggage.

" Amma...athulam paravala..." Alli said shaking her head as she took out some jewelleries.

" Mansi veetle mattum irrukathe...Yeneke teriyum Chandni mele unake konjam reservation irruke nu but remember she loves you in her own way...Avanga veetukum po...Naa aprom Chandni ke kudukura spices lam yedutu vekiren," Thara said.

Alli swallowed her saliva and gave her mother a small smile.

" Yenna Anni pack panacha ?" Kishan asked as he walked inside with his three piece suit, holding his briefcase.

" Tho innum konjam thambhi...Venky kile spices lam oru corner le vechirupen...yedutu vaa," Thara said to Venkat who nod and walked away.

" Anni shoes lam vechitingala ?" Kishan asked Thara who smacked her head.

" Nalla velei sonne...marantuten Kishan! Alli! Yendi shoes lam yenge?" Thara asked in a hurry tone.

" Amma! Konjam calm ah irrunge...naa yenna 1 year ah ange poi stay panna poren...yetho oru 1 week or 2 week," Alli said muttering at the end of the sentence.

" Alli...Irunthalum...Anni naa oru shoe vangitu vanthe...inthanga...aprom ange lam veetlayum shoes poduvanga so oru chappal and then Alli née sandals or heels onnu yedututu po," Kishan said to Alli, mussing her hair before he pass the shoe bag to Thara.

" Alli bear...inthe necklace ?" Ram hollered showing the silver chain with the heart locket. 

Thara tilt her head in confusion while Alli's eyes widened. She quickly went to Ram and grabbed the chain before placing it on her jewellery box.

" Thanks da pattu! Ithe thaan teditu irrunthen," Alli said, pinching his chubby cheeks.

" Putusa irruke...yeppe vangune ?" Thara asked Alli who swallowed her saliva.

" Gift amma...Ah Amma...Mansi ka sandalwood perfume and soap lam ketanga...vechitingala ?" Alli asked Thara who gasped and stood up.

" Haiyoo marantuten...tho vanturen," Thara said walking away.

Arvind snorted and shook his head. He gave Alli a look before ushering the twins out while Kishan sighed and jut his chin asking Alli to follow him. Alli gulped and followed him meekly until they reached Kishan's study.

"Alli...ivalo fast ah née yethuku ippe States pore ?" Kishan asked with a sigh as he placed his briefcase on the table.

Alli gulped hearing the thud sound. She wringed her hands together, biting her lips as she stared at Kishan with her glistening eyes.

" Chitapa...Avan yenomo maraikiran..." Alli said in a soft voice.

" Alli! Avan poi rendu masam aga pothu...anytime anthe baby poraka pothu...ippe nee ange poi...ma ithulam nalathuku ille...unge appa vere illa ma," Kishan said as he slumped on his chair.