Chapter 8

" Amma coffe-" Alli's shouts stopped abruptly as she walked into the living room. Her eyes widened as she saw Vajra alongside Saritha, Lakshmi, Anirudh and Ravi Raghavendra in the living room.

" Alli bear!" Ram shouted as he hurried holding few boxes with Krishi.

" Vajra mama brought presents!" Krishi said gleefully as he hugged Alli's legs.

" Krishi...Naa hospital le irunthu varen...irru kulichitu varen," Alli said to the little boy who pouted but nod his head.

Alli gave a small smile to everyone and excused herself before rushing upstairs. Her heart thumped widely as she turned her head and saw Vajra looking at her direction. Her stomach clenched and she hurried away into her room, closing the door before leaning against it.

" Yaaru..." Alli asked as she heard the knock.

" Me...open the door," Mansi said, giving her a look before walking to her bed.

" Now now Alli bear...that was rude...Your saas was shocked at your unruly behaviour," Mansi said with a smirk as she clutched Alli's Teddy bear.

" Stop it Ka...I want to go and bath...you go down...I will come," Alli said to Mansi who snort and shook her head.

" Nope, Nada...quickly bathe and come...I am waiting here," Mansi said.

Alli rolled her eyes and quickly showered, washing her hair and her body before walking out of the room. She raised her eyebrows seeing the clothes Mansi laid out.

" Ka...seriously...Its 8pm now and you want me to wear this kurthi?" Alli said before walking towards her dresser. She took a faded t-shirt and yoga pants before getting herself dressed.

" Alli ka, Periama is calling," Arvind hollered as he knocked the door.

" Varen da!" Alli shouted and wrapped her towel on her hair.

Mansi chuckled and hooked her arms with Alli as they walked down with Arvind behind them. Alli smiled softly at Anirudh and then quickly walked towards Ravi Raghavendra, hugging him.

" Ungala rest thana yeduka sonne...inthe nerathule inge yenna panringa ?" Alli admonished the elder man with a soft smile.

Ravi Raghavendra chuckled and pat her head.  " Née veetuku oru varam varale athan naa vantuten," he said to Alli who smiled and kissed his cheek.

" Patti nalla irrukingala ?" Alli asked Lakshmi as she bend down and took her blessings. Lakshmi smiled and hugged her. Alli then turned to Saritha and gave a polite smile before walking towards Anirudh and hugged him. She gulped seeing Vajra's look and quickly walked towards Kishan and stood behind him, trying to ignore Vajra.

Aaryn raised his eyebrows as he walked into the house. He smiled and kissed Thara's cheek, passing his briefcase to her as he walked towards Ravi Raghavendra, kneeling infront of him slightly and then hugged him.

" Sir...how are you now ?" Aaryn asked in his baritone voice. Ravi smiled and nod his head.  Aaryn nod at the others and smiled at Vajra before siting down on the couch opposite Anirudh.

" Appa! Vajra mama brought gifts!" Ram said gleefully as he rushed and threw himself on Aaryn who groaned at the weight. Aaryn shook his head and placed the boy on his lap while Krishi pouted and walked towards Anirudh who did the same.

" Tidirnu vanturikinga...athum ivalo late ah ?" Aaryn said.

Anirudh exhaled his breath and gave a sorry smile to Thara and Alli before looking at Aaryn.

" Aaryn...kadamai onnu irruke...Anthe ponnuku valaikappu seiyanom...athan..." Anirudh said with a pained voice as he averted his eyes from Aaryn.

" Nalla vishayam thana...athuku yen...Um yeppe seiringe ?" Aaryn asked Anirudh.