Chapter 28

Naveen raised his eyebrows. His eyes widened and mouth parted slightly. His Adam's apple bobbed as he stared jawslacked at the woman who opened his house door.

" Née...inge " Naveen said with a stunned expression.

Anitha exhaled her breath and took his luggage bag from him before walking inside while Naveen hurried behind her. He quickly closed the main door and rubbed his temple before walking up the stairs.

He furrowed his eyebrows as he leaned against the door watching his new bride sorting his clothes.

" Yepidi inge vanthe ?" Naveen asked, gulping his saliva.

" Vere yepidi panranthu thaan," Anitha said holding his clothes in her arms as she walked towards the laundry basket.

" Anitha..." Naveen walked towards Anitha, placing his hand gingerly on Anitha's shoulder.

His eyes widened when the young woman turned her wet shiny eyes at him.

" Oru second le yosikama vitutu poitingele," Anitha said, her breath hitching as she gave him a teary smile.

Naveen exhaled his breath and rubbed his forehead. He gingerly brought his hand to her face and swiftly wiped her eyes.

" Sorry...Naa-" Naveen said when Anitha wiped her nose and shook her head.

" Vidunge...Aaryn mama ode sister odene flight book panni help pananga," Anitha said pushing him away.

Naveen furrowed his eyebrows as he walked behind her, down the stairs. He pushed her away gently before placing the laundry bag on the floor and gestured the maid to wash the clothes.

Anitha exhaled her breath and shook her head.

" Akka naa partukuren...ninge kelembunge," she told her maid who gulped and glanced at Naveen.

Naveen exhaled his breath and nod his head causing the maid to bow and walked away. Anitha swallowed her saliva and walked away to the kitchen with Naveen following her. He raised his eyebrows as she began to pull out vegetables from the fridge.

" Ma...née yethuku ippe ithulam panre? " Naveen said rubbing the back of his neck.

" Ama illena yenge Anna mathiri ningalum vere yarum thedi poitangana ? Vai veraikum vanthachu aprom? Ange vitutu poitingala oru secondle," Anitha said with a quiet voice brimming with hurt.

" Ma...Anitha...hey avluvatha," Naveen said walking towards her, wiping her face. He exhaled his breath as she sniffled and hugged his waist.

" Un Aaryn mama ke teriyuma? Ava akka unne flight le anupivutathu ? Yethuku ipidi pannage ?" Naveen asked Anitha who frowned and pushed him away.

" Appe yenna angeye vitutu varathuthan...naa than mutual thanama inge vantuten?" Anitha asked Naveen who exhaled his breath.

" Apidi solala...chumma neeye yosikatha," Naveen said giving her a stern look.

" Vere yepidi yosikarthu ? Ungaluku pudikalana yen kalyanam paninge ?" Anitha asked Naveen.

" Née matum ? Yethuke panne ?" Naveen asked raising his eyebrows. Anitha sniffled and shook her head.

" Anitha...Naa venumne seile...kovathule poiten...Mythili thaan sonna...amma and appa unne kutitu varale nu...Vajra veetuku kailaile poite...Un Aaryn mama Née yenge irruke nu teriyathu sonna!" Naveen said causing Anitha to wipe her tears.

" Sonnaru..." she said in an adamant voice causing Naveen to let out a disbelieved laugh.

" Seri sonaru...Pothuma ? Ippe vaa...ada vaa ma," Naveen said holding her hand.