Chapter 5

Chandni pursed her lips together, her eyes narrowing at Mrs Acutha. She exhaled her breath as controlled her self as her husband placed his arms on her shoulder.

Arvind and Venkat along side Arun helped to carry the luggage while Alli hugged Arushi before walking towards Dr Mehta, giving the man a side hug while nodding to Chandni.

Aaryn smiled and hugged Chandni, placing his arms on her shoulders and ushered them inside with Alli hooking her arms with Arushi.

" Akka..." Kishan said with a reserved polite smile as he stood behind Bavani's wheelchair.

Chandni nod her head and gave him a tiny smile. She walked towards Bavani and hugged her tightly, a few drops of tears dropped on Bavani's shoulders.

" Arvind, Venkat...Bring your attai's things to her room...Alli you show Arushi and Arun their room," Kishan said to the kids who nod and went away.

" Where's Thara ?" Chandni asked Aaryn who smiled.

" She has a guest lecturing session today on what's that ?" Aaryn asked Kishan who chuckled.

" Sculpture type of arts," Kishan said to Chandni who nod her head.

" The man ?" Chandni asked with a slight stiffened posture as she glanced at Mrs Acutha.

" We asked appa to go to the office...New Tender..." Aaryn said with a sigh.

" Chandni..." Dr Mehta said in a low voice as he stared intently at her. Chandni huffed and turned towards Aaryn.

" Nanga rest yedukurom," she said before walking away towards the stairs.

Dr Mehta sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. He gave a small smile to Kishan and Aaryn with an apologetic look.

" She is better now but...sighs..." Dr Mehta trailed off.

Kishan and Aaryn smiled and nod their head. Dr Mehta smiled and clasped the brothers arms giving them a grateful look before walking upstairs.

" Dr Mehta!" Alli cried as she rushed towards him.

The man raised his eyebrows, crossing his hands over his chest making Alli blush.

" Sorry uncle..." Alli mumbled sheepishly.

Dr Mehta smiled and pat her shoulders while Chandni walked out of their room. Her eyes widened and a small smile bloomed seeing her husband with her birth daughter.

" Is everything alright ?" Chandni asked cautiously, her smiled dimmed slightly as Alli simply nod.

" I just...Would you like to visit Thata ?" Alli asked Dr Mehta who smiled and nod his head.

Alli wringed her hands together and looked at him with wide eyes.

" Um can you do a professional consultation as well ? He doesn't want to go to the hospital...I just...I am very worried...you're a cardiologist so um I thought you could check his vital...Only if you're OK with it...Just I...I-" Alli started blabbing.

Chandni and Dr Mehta exchanged a fond look. The man placed his hands on her shoulders making Alli stop her ranting and laugh nervously, tucking her hair behind her ears.

" I will do it...now stop fretting OK?" Dr Mehta said to Alli who smiled and nod her head.

_____________________________________________

Thara raised her eyebrows as she saw Alli grabbing her medical case.

" Alli...ippe thane guest vanturukanga...dinner ke veliya polam nu thana sonne...née inthe nerathule yenge pore ?" Thara asked Alli.