The Bubbler

Scene: Luka's room. Luka awakes from a good night's sleep when his phone alarm goes off. Luka turns off the alarm, yawning, as Tikki wakes from her spot on Luka's pillow. She flies up to him after yawning herself.

Luka: Morning, Tikki. Did you sleep ok?
Tikki: Morning Luka. Oh yes, I feel so refreshed and energized! I think I'm ready to take on the day!
Luka: That's good, because it's not just any day.
Tikki: It isn't? What's so special about today?

Scene: Adrien's bathroom. Adrien is brushing his teeth.

Plagg: Happy birthday, Adrien! (Brings a piece of Camembert cheese wrapped with a red bow.)
Adrien: (disgusted) Ugh, Plagg! Get that filthy piece of Camembert out of my face! (He plugs his nose)
Plagg: Huh? (He eats the cheese.) Mmm.

Scene: Luka's room. Luka walks over to his desk before opening a drawer and rummaging around inside.
Luka: It's Adrien's birthday, and I was planning to give him this. (He holds up what appears to be a necklace. It's a guitar pick, which is hanging from a small silver chain.)
Tikki: That's wonderful, Luka! I'm sure Adrien will appreciate it!
Luka: It's nothing much, but Adrien told me that he's a fan of Jagged Stone, so I thought a guitar pick from one of his concerts would be a good gift.
Tikki: It definitely is! But, isn't that your only guitar pick from Jagged Stone?
Luka: It is, but I'd rather give it to Adrien. He doesn't really get to go to many events aside from his photo shoots and his dad's fashion shows. He's never even been to a concert, so I know he'd probably never be able to get one on his own. I go to Jagged Stone concerts all the time, I'm bound to get another pick eventually.
Tikki: That's really sweet, Luka! Adrien will love it!
Luka: I hope you're right. (Luka pockets the necklace before moving to get ready for the day.)

Scene: Agreste Mansion. Adrien is eating alone at a big dining table. He looks sad.

Nathalie: (walks in) Your schedule, Adrien. (She hands Adrien a tablet.)
Adrien: (takes it) Thanks, Nathalie. (Nathalie starts to leave.) Hey, um, my father get back to you about my birthday party? (His face lights up.)
Nathalie: Well, um-- He doesn't think it would be a good idea.
Adrien: (turns sad again and speaks softly) 'Course not.
Nathalie: Happy birthday, Adrien. (She leaves.)

Scene: Outside of school. Adrien and Nino are talking. Meanwhile, Alya and Marinette are hiding nearby out of sight. Chloé and Sabrina are in the school but near enough to see what's happening.

Nino: (as he blows bubbles) Dude, seriously? Has your dad always been such a downer? You'd think he'd at least remember what it was like to be young and wanna party a little.
Adrien: No, I'm pretty sure he was a downer back then too. Well, at least I tried.
Nino: (wraps one arm around Adrien) It's your b-day, dude! Insist! You know what, I'm gonna have a little convo with your pops.
Adrien: Don't waste your time. He's not gonna change his mind.
(In the background we can see Marinette pop up from behind the stairs. She looks at Adrien, clutching a gift, before quickly ducking back down. A few moments later she appears again, forcefully stumbling and nearly running into Adrien and Nino.)
Marinette: Ah! (She stops right in front of Adrien.) Um, he-- Hey! (She is nervous as she holds her gift behind her back.)
Adrien: (surprised, shyly) Hey.
Chloé: (as she watches what's happening outside) Wait! Am I seeing what I think I'm seeing? Don't tell me it's Adrien's birthday?!
Sabrina: (checks her tablet, is surprised, and makes excusing noises while smiling sheepishly.)
Chloé: (facepalms) Ugh, do I have to do everything myself? Seriously, what are you good for? (She walks toward Adrien.)
Marinette: (nervously) I, uh, I wanted to, umm, gift you a make-– I mean, gift you a give I made-- I mean...
Chloé: (she yawns while Marinette is talking and then shoves her away) Out of the way. (She acts sweet.) Happy birthday, Adrien! (She throws herself onto him and gives him a kiss on the cheek.) Mwah!
Adrien: (surprised) Yeah, thanks Chlo.
Chloé: Did you get the gift I sent you?
Adrien: Uh, no.
Chloé: (pretending to be annoyed) What? Oh, those delivery guys. I bet it was too heavy so they had to go back and get another guy to help. Those slackers. (She wraps her arms around Adrien's shoulders again.) I'll make sure they get it to you by tonight. (She gives him another kiss on the cheek) Mwah! (She leaves, humming a happy tune to herself.)
Nino: (chuckles and playfully punches Adrien's arm)
(We can see Alya's head briefly pop up in the background behind the stairs before disappearing again. Marinette has presumably gone back to her previous spot to hide again.)
Sabrina: (to Chloé) What did you get him?
Chloé: (mad) I didn't, you did. (She points at Sabrina and sounds really angry.) And it better be amazing, and it better not be late!
Sabrina: (cowardly) Mhm. (She nods.)
Chloé: (furiously) Ugh! (She leaves.)
(Sabrina taps on her tablet quickly while looking scared and following Chloé.)