Copycat

Scene: The Liberty. Luka is in his room with Tikki.

Luka: Well, Tikki, are you ready?
Tikki: Ready as I'll ever be, Luka! This is a big deal, you know! They're unveiling a statue in yours and Chat Noir's honor!
Luka: I know, I can hardly believe it myself. We better get going, don't want to be late.

[Transformation Sequence)

Luka: Tikki, spots on! (Luka transforms into Coccinelle, before jumping out the window)

Scene: The Place des Vosges. A crowd is gathered for Coccinelle and Chat Noir's sculpture.

(André Bourgeois and Théo are facing the crowd, with a giant statue covered with a sheet behind them)
André: I'm sure you've outdone yourself, Théo.
Théo: It was my honor. And I can't wait to meet Coccinelle, I hope he'll autograph the photo I used as the inspiration for the statue.
André: Oh, it's nearly time. Coccinelle and Chat Noir should already be here by now.

Scene: Marinette's room.

Alya: Look, we all know improv's not in your bag, (gives Marinette a notepad) so just stick to this script.
Marinette: But all the teachers say I don't sound natural when I read.
Alya: Then memorize it. It's pretty simple. You can do this. Just don't improvise. Got it?
Marinette: (looks at the Alya's phone and the script) Forget it! This is never gonna work!
Alya: (taps the call button on her phone) Too late. It's dialing. (She jumps behind Marinette's chaise.)
(Marinette gasps and panics while holding the cell phone in one hand, not knowing what to do.)
Adrien's voice recorder: Hey, this is Adrien's voicemail. Leave a message.
Marinette: It's gone to voicemail!
Alya: Leave a message! Don't improv!
Marinette: Uhh, hello. Uh, Adrien's voicemail, uh, this is Marinette, who, uh, has a message for you, of course, cause it's, uh, your phone, so, umm... (chuckles) Callmeseeyoulater,bye! (throws the phone onto the chaise)
(Alya looks at her, exasperated.)
Marinette: (moans) What? What did you expect me to say? "Hey, hot stuff, this is Marinette, I'd ask you on a date to a movie, but I've got such a crazy crush on you that the only way I can talk to you without foaming out the mouth is over this stupid phone." Pretty ridiculous, right?
Automated voice: (from phone) If you wish to hear your message again, press 1. If you wish to erase your message, press 2.
Marinette: (gasps)
Alya: Hit 2! Hit 2!
(Marinette lunges and taps the phone.)
Automated voice: (from phone) Message saved. Goodbye.
(Marinette screams, before she collapses on the chaise)
Alya: It's not as bad as you think.
Marinette: Hmm?
Alya: Okay, it's bad. But you were gonna have to tell him one of these days, some way or another. Think of it this way: no more secrets!
Marinette: The voicemail recorded my whole conversation.
Alya: Big deal!
Marinette: I called him "hot stuff". He cannot be allowed to hear that message, Alya! If he does, I'll die of shame!
Alya: Okay, okay. I got an idea. If Adrien's phone went to voicemail, it means the dude's busy. Which also means you can get to it before he does. Hmm, I wonder where he'd be...
(Marinette pulls down a large copy of Adrien's schedule from the ceiling.)
Marinette: Of course! He's got fencing club after school, that's why he didn't pick up! It ends in exactly twenty-two and a half minutes.
Alya: You are seriously insane. You know that, right?
(Marinette giggles)

Scene: Collège Françoise Dupont. Adrien is taking fencing classes in the courtyard, while Plagg is in his locker, eating Camembert.

Plagg: (Adrien's phone vibrates.) Ahhhhh!
Automated voice: (from phone) You have 1 new message. (Plagg shuts it off.)

(Back in the gym, Adrien defeats his opponent. He pulls up his mask.)
Adrien: Gotta get a drink of water. I'll be right back. (He runs to his locker and opens it. He opens his bag and sees Plagg inside, finishing his cheese.) Plagg, you pig!
Plagg: You have 1 new message. (burps)
Adrien: Move, please, so I can check my voicemail. (He picks up his phone) Hmm, don't recognize this number. (Sees the time) Oh no, now we're late! Time to transform, Plagg! (His ring flashes.)