Guitar Villain

Scene: Le Grand Paris. Jagged Stone is performing a song on his guitar for Bob Roth and Penny Rolling.

Jagged Stone: (singing) Mah Miraculous!
(Penny applauds while Bob watches with crossed arms)
Jagged: (to Bob) So, what do you think of the first single of my next album? Can you feel it, Bob? Isn't it killer?
Bob: Not bad, Jagged, not bad. But if you really want to be making something killer, let's talk about this duet with Mr. XY.
Jagged: No way. He's not a rocker, he's a baby! I bet he doesn't even shave yet.
Bob: Well, this "baby" just pushed you out of the number one sales spot.
Jagged: And? Doesn't make him a true musician like me. Penny thinks everything I'm doing's rock star material. She thinks I'm killer.
Bob: Penny might be your agent, but I'm your real boss. Listen. Bottom line is that Bob Roth Records cannot afford to be number two in sales! Or rep a number two rock star! Get real, Jagged! You're going to have to modernize your music. Change the way you look. Get a whole new style!
Jagged: You want to talk about real? I'm a genuine rock 'n' roller, Bob, not some pop star in diapers. I'm a real artist. Real talent! Even my hair is real. And that's what people love about me. (to Fang) Isn't that right, Fang? Yeah. (turning back to Bob) And the artwork you came up with for my album is a waste of my time! Seriously, Bob, what is this trash? It looks like a perfume ad!
Bob: (pointing a finger at Jagged's chest) And that's what people want these days!
Jagged: Well, I don't. My album covers are raw to the bone, exuding the smell of sweat and leather!
Bob: You do know, don't you, that if your next album doesn't rate #1 on the charts, it'll be the last one you ever do with Bob Roth Records.
Jagged: I'd rather put out nothing at all than sing some pathetic duet with a baby-faced nobody.
Penny: Bob, Jagged and I had an idea. Its concept is modern, but it also respects Jagged's own... rugged style.
Jagged: (takes off glasses and shows them to Bob) The schoolgirl who made these glasses has some real talent. She totally gets my style. She's going to design the cover of my new album.
Bob: A schoolgirl?
Penny: See? That's just it. She's the same age as the target audience. (holds out a piece of paper) Here's her address.
Bob: (folds arms and growls)
(Fang growls in return)
Bob: (jumps away from Fang in alarm, takes the piece of paper, and begins to leave the room) Okay! But just think about that duet with Mr. XY.
Jagged: Find that girl, Bob!

Scene: Tom & Sabine Boulangerie Patisserie. Bob is speaking with Marinette in front of her parents.

Bob: So, are you interested?
Marinette: Uh... wait, wait, wait. Let me get this straight. You want... me to design the album cover for Jagged Stone?! My... all-time favorite singer?!
Bob: That's right! Requested by Jagged Stone himself. (pulls out an XY album) I brought a few visuals so you can get a sense of what we're going for.
Marinette: (looks at album design) This doesn't seem like Jagged Stone material. More like... a perfume ad!
Bob: This is the direction of his new image. More modern, current!
Marinette: ...really? Wow. I was thinking more along the lines of–
Bob: (interrupts Marinette) Don't think! This is what is selling these days.
Marinette: Uh... sure.
Bob: And one last thing, Marinette. We're in a hurry! We need your proposal by the end of the day. You up to it?
Marinette: (looks at her parents, who nod reassuringly) Uh, yeah! Okay.
Bob: (leaves the bakery) See you later, then!
Tom: My daughter, famous album cover designer. You're going to kill it! Marinette style. Boo-yah! (He and Marinette high five, and the two of them and Sabine share a hug)

Scene: Luka is sitting in his room, playing his guitar. Tikki sits nearby, intently listening.

Tikki: That sounds great, Luka!
Luka: Thanks, Tikki. It's nothing much really.
(Suddenly, Luka's phone rings. He sets his guitar down and goes to pick it up. It's Adrien calling.)
Luka: (answers phone) Adrien?
Adrien: Hey, Luka!
Luka: Hey, Adrien. Is something wrong?
Adrien: Oh no, nothing like that. Chloé actually just invited me over to her father's hotel, apparently Jagged Stone is there! And I know how big of a fan you are, so I was wondering... if you'd like to come too?
Luka: Adrien! That sounds amazing! But...
Adrien: What's wrong, Luka?
Luka: Are you sure Chloé would be ok with it?
Adrien: Of course, I'm sure she won't mind. I'll put in a good word for you.
Luka: (laughs) Thanks, Adrien. So, when should I stop by?
Adrien: My bodyguard is driving me to the hotel right now.
Luka: I'll see you in ten minutes then?
Adrien: Sounds good, see you there!
(They hang up. Luka gets up to put his guitar on its stand.)
Tikki: Where are we going, Luka?
Luka: Adrien invited me to meet at Le Grand Paris, apparently Jagged Stone is there!
Tikki: That's amazing, Luka! But how are you going to get there in 10 minutes?
Luka: (grabs his bike) Guess I'll just have to pedal fast! Hide, Tikki!
(Tikki flies into Luka's jacket as he starts to leave his room. He heads outside with his bike.)