Style Queen: Queen's Battle, Pt 1

Scene: Marinette's room. Gabriel's fashion show is broadcasted and shown on Marinette's computer monitor.

Nadja: (on TV) Tonight, the Grand Palais hosts the most eagerly awaited event of the year! The sensational fashion show of the famous designer Gabriel Agreste! And a major event always brings prestigious guests: Mayor of Paris, André Bourgeois, is expected to attend the show with his wife, the great and highly respected fashion queen-
(Marinette is holding her hat (from the episode "Mr. Pigeon")
Marinette: (nervous, to herself) Oh, I don't know... I feel like it's the ugliest hat in the world, and Adrien is supposed to model it in front of everyone! He'll resent me for the rest of his life! I have zero talent! And everyone's gonna find that out tonight... What if people see that it's a synthetic pigeon feather and not a real one? They're gonna think it's lame, aren't they? (She sighs) It's alright, besides, I don't have time to make changes anyway. The show begins in... (She looks at her phone, gasps, and quickly puts the hat in a box) Oh, no! I'm gonna be late again!

Scene: Marinette runs towards the Grand Palais with the hat-box. A car pulls up while Nadja talks to the camera. Marinette looks from a distance.

Nadja: This is it! Here she comes! The international queen of fashion, director of "Style Queen" magazine, Audrey Bourgeois!
(André Bourgeois opens the door and Audrey Bourgeois gets out of the car, followed by Chloé. A group of photographers is taking pictures)
Audrey: Anthony— Uh... André, be a dear and fire the chauffeur. I can't believe Gabriel allows his staff to drive like that!
(From the driver's seat, the Gorilla grumbles)
Chloé: And neither do I!
André: Yes, of course, Audrey, dear.
Marinette: (to herself) Oh, no! It's Audrey Bourgeois! Only the harshest fashion critic in the entire world. I didn't know she was coming!
Audrey: (walks towards the red carpet) What is this carpet? Is it fabric? Why isn't the red carpet made out of marble like I said! (to Roger) You're fired!
(Roger looks indignant)
Audrey: Ridiculous, utterly ridiculous.
(The Bourgeois family walks the down red carpet)
Marinette: (slowly walking backwards) She's gonna hate my hat for sure! (She stops herself) No, Adrien is counting on me, I have to be brave!

Scene: Grand Palais, interview area. Through a television camera, we see Nadja interviewing the Bourgeois trio.

Nadja: Audrey, like the slogan of your magazine says "If it's in good taste; it's in "Style Queen"!" So, what's in good taste this year?
Audrey: Judging by the way you're dressed, you obviously don't know my dear.
(Chloé snickers)
Audrey: For your information, the trend this year is glitter.
Marinette: (eavesdropping from behind a wall) Glitter?! There's no glitter on my hat! This is a fashion disaster!
Nadja: As the editor of Style Queen, you spend a lot of time in New York. It must be nice to be with your family for a change here in Paris.
Chloé: She's very happy to see me. By the way, Mom, I have a little something for you. (She pulls a little gift box out of her jacket)
Audrey: Clara— Uh... Chloé, what is this?
Chloé: Um... it's a gift?
Audrey: Ugh, this wrapping paper is ridiculous, utterly ridiculous. You're fired.
(André and Chloé gasp)
André: Darling, please! You can't fire Chloé. She's your daughter!
Nadja: Audrey, how long are you planning to stay in Paris?
Audrey: The shortest possible time.
(She walks off; André and Chloé follow)
Nadja: Thank you. This fashion show just might be one of the most important in Gabriel Agreste's career, as evidenced by Audrey Bourgeois' presence.

(Scene switches to Gabriel's atelier, where Gabriel is watching the broadcast on his control panel)
Nadja: (continues) Will the famous fashion designer who never appears in public show up for the occasion? Stay tuned to find out. Don't be bemu—
(Gabriel turns off his control panel)

Scene: Grand Palais, front. Marinette is running away from the show.

Marinette: (to herself) They can't let Adrien model this hat! There's no glitter on it! There's zero trend-potential!
(Nathalie walks outside and spots Marinette; she speaks up, startling Marinette)
Nathalie: Ah! There you are, Marinette. Everyone's waiting for you.
Marinette: (nervously) Uh— but— uh— actually— I, uh—
Nathalie: The dressing rooms are that way. Hurry up, you're late.
Marinette: (laughs nervously) Okay.
(There's more nervous laughter before she begins to follow Nathalie. Marinette runs inside and trips over absolutely nothing; the hat rolls over on its brim towards Audrey and touches the back of her shoe. Audrey turns around, and Marinette looks beyond scared; Audrey picks up the hat)
Audrey: What is this?
Marinette: Uh... (nervous laughter)
Chloé: Uh, Mom, this is Marinette Dupain-Cheng, the loser! And this is a hat she made, because she thinks she's a designer. (She holds the hat upside down) She even signed it, look.
Marinette: I— It's not me, it's another Marinette! I was just bringing it to, uh—
Nathalie: Marinette! We have to go.
(Marinette takes the hat and runs off with her face buried in it)