Emotion

Scene: At the Île aux Cygnes. André prepares an ice cream.

André: At last! Spearmint for his eyes, for his skin: vanilla! Blackberry swirl for his hair, blueberry for his eyes, and voilà!
(He presents his ice cream to Adrien and Luka. He squints at them suspiciously right after)
André: No drama this time? Everything all right?
Adrien: Everything's perfect. (He grabs the ice cream and takes Luka's hand)
André: Victory! I never thought I'd serve this flavor combination! Now that my mission on Earth is accomplished, I can finally ride off into the sunset and make new flavors of ice cream for the sweethearts of Venus! I'm only kidding, of course. André is to Paris like whipped cream is to chocolate! Bon appétit, kids! (He rides off)
Luka: Thanks, André!
(The two proceed to walk in the opposite direction, continuing their ice cream date. They sit in the sand, eating ice cream together. Adrien and Luka stare at each other for a moment after a spoonful of ice cream, and lean in for a kiss, but Adrien's phone rings the moment their lips are about to touch)
Adrien: (grabs his phone) Oh, sorry! I have to go, I'm meeting with... with my father! I didn't tell you about it... because I forgot, and I'm already late. (He gets up, and hands Luka the ice cream) See you soon, babe! (He waves and rushes off)
Luka: Uh, see ya... Is it me, or did he get super weird all of a sudden?
Tikki: When you're together, you two are always weird, Luka! (She looks at the ice cream) Mmm! That ice cream looks delicious! You done with it?
(Luka gives the rest of the ice cream to Tikki as he looks up to a nearby bridge, seeing Adrien's bodyguard holding the car door open. Luka watches as Adrien gets in the car, which then drives away)

Scene: Île aux Cygnes, at a café. Sitting at a table with Rose and Juleka, Luka rants about the events that occurred earlier.

Luka: I don't understand... It's so unlike him to just take off out of the blue like that. Do you think something's wrong?
Juleka: You don't know?
Luka: Don't know what?
(Juleka and Rose laugh)
Rose: You, his boyfriend? You have no idea what he's doing tonight?
Luka: Well, no, I don't. It's not like I need to know where he is every second of the day; he's free to do whatever he wants.

Juleka: (puts a hand on Luka's shoulder) Alliance, could you please look up the "Diamonds' Dance"? (She holds up her Alliance's hologram) Tonight, Adrien's attending the Diamonds' Dance, a society ball his father organizes every year for his most powerful friends and their children.
Luka: But... Why didn't he tell me about it?
Rose: I'm guessing he didn't want to make you sad because he can't bring you!
Juleka: You gotta be on the official guests' list to get in. Kagami will be there, as well as Prince Ali, , Zoé.
Luka: Zoé? But we were supposed to go to the movies together tonight.

Scene: Jardin des Tuileries. Kagami and her mother are practicing fencing, having a one-on-one battle against each other. Tomoe knocks Kagami's sword out of her hand. Kagami heavily pants.

Tomoe: That's enough for today. Go get your things. We have to get ready.
Kagami: Yes, Mother.
(Kagami begins to walk to her stuff, but is interrupted by a familiar face)
Lila: Hello, Kagami. (She offers Kagami a water bottle and a towel)
Kagami: Uh, I'll be right with you, Mother! (She walks over to Lila)
Lila: You don't look happy, Kagami. Is something wrong? (She hands Kagami the water bottle)
Kagami: I can't stay long, Lila. I'm accompanying my mother to the Diamonds' Dance. (She grabs the water bottle and takes a sip) And I really don't feel like going. My mother and Adrien's father want to introduce us as the King and Queen of the ball- (She puts down the water bottle and grabs the towel) -which is so embarrassing since Adrien and I aren't together. And even though I still have feelings for Adrien that I don't always understand, he and Luka are deeply in love with each other. (She puts the towel inside her bag, and glances at Lila) I'm surprised you're not taking this opportunity to speak ill of Luka.
Lila: I only say what I see. Oh, wait— What's this Diamonds' Dance all about anyway?
Kagami: It's where the most powerful families introduce their greatest treasures, their heirs and heiresses. Adrien, Chloé and Zoé, me — our families see us as Diamonds.
Lila: And I wasn't invited?
Kagami: Of course not, you're not a precious stone, you're just a stone.
(Lila gasps, and looks down at the ground)
Kagami: Oh! Forgive me, Lila. That was too direct. I didn't mean to hurt you. I don't think of you in that way, obviously. But unfortunately, my mother and Gabriel Agreste do.
Lila: It's okay, I'm not upset! It's only normal that I wasn't invited. I was just a little surprised.
Kagami: Then, I am reassured. See you soon, Lila.
(Kagami runs off with her things and her bokken in hand. Lila looks at her with joy for a moment, her face turning sour soon after)