Reflekta

Scene: Collège Françoise Dupont.

Vincent: Alright, everybody look at the camera. Hahaha, they're perfect! Say spaghetti!
Ms. Mendeleiev's class: Spaghetti!
(Adrien laughs while he and Nino look at each other. Luka is trying to console his sister, when he hears Marinette talking to Alya.)
Marinette: I'm gonna be in a photo with Adrien! I'm gonna be in a photo with Adrien!
Alya: Right, 'cause uh– it's a class photo and you're in the same class as Adrien.
(Marinette nods eagerly.)
Marinette: Amazing, isn't it? OH MY GOSH! What if we're standing in the same row together?
Alya: Hehe, oh girl just smile and whatever happens, don't forget to breathe!
Juleka: (Overhearing) At least you're going to be in the photo.
Rose: No, Juleka, I'm telling you, you're not jinxed! This time it's gonna work out, I can feel it, right here!
Marinette: What's this about being jinxed?
Juleka: (sighs) Ever since I was little, every time someone takes a photo of me, something always goes very wrong.
(FLASHBACK: Photo with a younger Max waving his hand, which covers over Juleka's face. Another photo with a pigeon blocking Juleka's face. Another photo with Juleka nearly not in the photo.)
Rose: You're wrong Juleka, you'll see!
Luka: For sure! We'll do everything we can to make sure it goes right this time. Don't forget to smile, sis!
(Juleka smiles.)
Vincent: Thank you kids, you've been wonderful. (Straightens everything for the next class.) Ok, time to flash your pearly whites, guys! You kids take a seat on the front bench. (He gestures for Max, Alix, Rose, Marinette, and Mylène.) Quickly please, I've got sixteen other classes to shoot.
(Everyone sits down on the bench. The rest of the class are whispering amongst themselves.)
Chloé: Look Sabrina, they're up front in the baby seats! Go on rugrats, don't forget to take your thumbs out of your mouths! (Marinette grunts)
Vincent: Well, next row! Hmmm... You, you, you and you go stand on the rear bench, please. (He points to Nathaniel, Alya, Sabrina, and Chloé.)
Chloé: Wait just one minute! I'm supposed to be in the middle row, right next to Adrien. Preferably the center. Look, we're the same size! (Waves her hand over Adrien and her head. They're very clearly not the same size.)
Vincent: Nah, go stand in the back row, behind the rest.
Chloé: How dare you, put me behind the rest? Do you know who my father is?
Vincent: Is he a photographer?
Chloé: (Gasps) NO! He's-
Vincent: Bummer, I could really use an assistant. Now hurry up and take your place, or I'll put you up front with the babies!
Chloé: Grrrrrrr.... (Walks off.)
Vincent: The rest of you boys, go stand in the middle row.
Adrien: It's no big deal Chloé! As long as we're all in the same photo, right?
Vincent: Perfect! You guys are awesome! Now stop squirming and let's get this photo shot! (Juleka looks at her mirror in a distance.)
Luka: Uh, excuse me sir, you forgot Juleka.
Vincent: Huh? Ah sorry, my bad! Go stand in the middle row, next to that blonde haired boy.
Marinette: And you're gonna be right in the center! All eyes will be on you! No more jinxed class photos!
Vincent: No, this isn't right! Something's not working here!
Chloé: Uhh, course it's not working! I'm in the wrong spot!
Vincent: (to Ivan) You, move over there will you? Lets see... (After trying to find a good spot for Ivan.)
Mr. Damocles: Excuse me, but do we have a problem?
Vincent: (sighs) It doesn't matter where I put him, it throws the whole picture out of whack!
Chloé: My spot is unacceptable! (Chloé jumps down a row and pushes Juleka, but Juleka pushes back.)
Marinette: That's right Juleka, don't let her push you out of the way!
Caline: Ms. Bourgeois, behave yourself!
Chloé: Hey! Nobody asked you loudmouth!
Adrien: This isn't gym class, you know Chlo!
Vincent: You, over here, you here, and you here. (Everyone changes spots.) There, perfect!
Chloé: Uh, no! It isn't! It's not perfect at all! I'm totally not next to Adrien!
(Adrien sighs.)
Mr. Damocles: Please Chloé, we still have sixteen classes to photograph! Go ahead Vincent.
Vincent: Say spaghetti!
Everyone: Spaghetti! (Camera shows low battery.)
Vincent: Oh, I don't believe this! I'm sorry, I have to go and fetch another battery. Nobody move! (Juleka gasps then looks sadly away.)
Juleka: Can I go to the bathroom?
Caline: Yes Juleka, but hurry!
Mr. Damocles: Ms. Bustier! He said nobody is to move!
Caline: It's an emergency, sir! (Mr. Damocles growls angrily.)
Chloé: (to Sabrina) Make sure she doesn't come back! (Sabrina nods and asks to go to the bathroom.)
Sabrina: Ms. Bustier, I need to go too!
(Juleka goes inside the bathroom, followed by Sabrina, who blocks the stall's handle with a wooden chair. She giggles, and Juleka gasps, hearing her. She tries to open the door but the chair is in the way.)