Chameleon

Scene: Collège Françoise Dupont, courtyard.

Marinette: Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait!

Scene: Miss Bustier's classroom.

Marinette: (sees everyone in the class is sitting next to someone except for Adrien, who has an empty seat beside him, much to Marinette's excitement. She runs around the desks, towards Alya) How'd you pull this off, Alya? You're the best. I can't believe you got everyone to swap seats so I can sit next to Adrien. Then again, it might not be the best idea. He is still mad at me, and I wouldn't want to make things worse. That'd be a total disaster! Because then Adrien and I would never have our own house, the three kids, the hamster named–
Alya: (interrupts Marinette) Whoa girl, what are you talking about? You're not sitting next to Adrien. Your seat's over there.
Marinette: At the back? Why? What's going on?
Nino: Well since she's got a hearing issue, there's no way she can sit at the back of the class, right? Which means she needed a place up in the front.
Alya: So to make it work Ivan sat next to Mylène, Alix took Ivan's seat, Nate moved down next to Alix, and Luka moved into Nate's old seat. Besides, she came up with the idea of moving Nino here, so now we get to spend more time together.
Marinette: Who is this "she"?
(Miss Bustier enters the classroom)
Miss Bustier: Good morning, students. I'm sure you've all heard by now, but Lila's home from her trip to Achu and she's back in school with us again.
Lila: (enters classroom) Hi, everyone.
Class: Hi, Lila.
Lila: Oh, a seat in the front row! You all remembered my hearing issue! You're such sweethearts, all of you. (She blows kisses)
Marinette: You have a hearing problem, Lila?
Lila: Yes, I suffer from tinnitus, a constant ringing in my left ear. I've had it ever since the sound of an airplane engine burst my eardrum on the runaway when I was saving Jagged Stone's lost kitten.
Marinette: Isn't Jagged Stone's pet a crocodile?
Lila: Now it is, yes. But he had a kitten until he found out he was allergic to it. The best part is, since you're such an excellent student, Adrien, you'll be able to help me catch up with all the schoolwork I missed while I was traveling with my parents. Would you do that for me?
Adrien: Sure, Lila.
Marinette: Miss Bustier, why do I have to sit in the back now?
Miss Bustier: Do you have any trouble hearing or seeing, Marinette?
Marinette: Uh, I... I...
Adrien: My eyesight and hearing are good. I'll sit in the back of the class and you two can sit up front. I don't mind.
Marinette and Lila: No!
(Adrien looks at Marinette and Lila)
Lila: My return is causing so much trouble, maybe I should have just stayed on the other side of the world. If Marinette has an issue too, then I should be the one to go and sit in the back. It's okay.
(The class gasps and glares at Marinette with an angry expression)
Marinette: I don't actually have any trouble seeing or hearing. I mean...
Miss Bustier: Good, so there's no problem then. You sit here, Lila, Adrien, you stay where you are and, Marinette, you sit in the back row.
(Marinette and Lila go and sit in their seats; Lila laughs; Marinette growls)

Scene: Hawk Moth's lair. Hawk Moth's window opens.

Hawk Moth: Ah, high school, the arena of teenage angst, where emotions are so intense. A perfect stadium for my dear akumas. Being separated from your friends, becoming isolated: (He turns a butterfly into an akuma) -just what devastating anger is made of. Fly away and evilize this angry high school girl.
(The akuma flies out into Paris)

Scene: Collège Françoise Dupont. The akuma flies towards the school. Marinette is still growling at Lila's actions. The akuma slips through the window.

Miss Bustier: (claps in her hands) Open your books to page 23.
(Marinette takes a deep breath and calms down just before the akuma reaches her. Unseen, the Akuma flows away)
Luka: 'An Akuma!

Scene: Hawk Moth's lair.

Hawk Moth: Strange, I feel the fury dying down, but the wheels are in motion. It's only a matter of time, be patient now my akuma.