Befana

Scene: Luka's room. Tikki and Luka are talking while Luka is finishing wrapping Marinette's birthday present.

Luka: And... done!
Tikki: It looks great, Luka!
Luka: You think so? I hope Marinette will like it.
Tikki: A signed copy of Jagged Stone's new album? She'll love it! She's mentioned she was a big fan before!
Luka: Thanks, Tikki. I was worried it wouldn't be enough.
Tikki: It's the perfect gift, Luka! And speaking of gifts... I have one for you; a Kwami specialty. (Tikki does a small dance in the air while humming, then spits something into Luka's hands)
(Luka looks shocked)
Tikki: (crestfallen) Oh no, you don't like it, do you?
Luka: No, no, it's not that! I just wasn't expecting that, Tikki. (Luka wipes off the small object in his hands) What is it?
Tikki: A Kwagatama. A great symbol of friendship among us kwamis. We take a hair from our Miraculous holder and join it to the hairs of all the former Miraculous holders. And with them we grow a magic resin for a few months and- Luka?
(Tikki notices a tear slip down Luka's face) Is everything ok?
Luka: I- it's great, Tikki. Thank you. I'll treasure it forever, in fact- (Luka moves to grab a chain from his jewelry, and slides the Kwagatama onto it. He puts the newly made necklace around his neck) I'll keep it with me all the time.
Tikki: Aww, Luka!
(Tikki goes to hug Luka. They break apart after a moment)
Luka: Alright, we better get going. Knowing Alya, she probably wants to go all out for Marinette. The rest of the class is probably already setting up for the surprise party. Hide Tikki!
(Luka grabs his present for Marinette while Tikki flies into his jacket. They leave the Liberty, heading to the park)

Scene: Tom & Sabine Boulangerie Patisserie, Bakery.

Marinette: (flings open the door) Mom! Dad! Do you know anything about Alya planning a surprise party for my birthday?
(Her parents freeze in place, in the middle of decorating a large cake. Tom immediately hides the cake in the garbage and sits on the lid while Sabine leans on the counter)
Tom: Uh, oh, uh... Party? Uh, what party? Uh, which Alya, again?
Sabine: (aside to her husband) You're overdoing it... we're talking about her best friend!
Tom: Alya! Of course, Alya! We haven't seen her in years! (nervously laughs)
Sabine: (sighs)
(the doorbell rings)
Marinette: And now, on the other side of this door, check out who's coming to get me! Just in time for the party! It's- (she opens the door) Grandma?!
Tom: (sticking his head around the corner) Mom?
Sabine: (likewise sticking her head around the corner) Gina?
(Marinette laughs in delight and hugs her grandmother, Gina Dupain)
Gina: (pushing up her sunglasses and speaking with an Italian accent) Marinetta! You're so tall for your age! Did you get my letter from Patagonia?
Marinette: Yes! And the ones from Australia, Bali, and Estonia, too! Did you really get chased by a bear?!
Gina: (laughs) Yes. But we wound up good friends in the end.
Tom: (whispering) Mom. It's her birthday, remember?
Gina: Why do you think I'm here? (she gives Marinette a package from inside her motorcycle helmet) Happy birthday, my little fairy! My Inuit friend knitted it especially for your tenth birthday!
Tom: (whispering) Uh, she's fourteen.
Gina: (visibly startled) My. How time flies. (Marinette opens the package, and the shirt inside is obviously much too small for her. Gina waves her hand) That's okay. I'll ask my friend to make another one.
Marinette: No! No, it's awesome! I can make this work. It's perfect, grandma. Thank you.
Gina: Your Nonna has also brought you your favourite candy! (she places a tin in Marinette's hand)
Marinette: Oh! (she laughs uncertainly)
Gina: You still love them, right?
Marinette: Yes, yes of course...
Gina: And that's not all, my fairy! We'll have a wonderful day, you and I! Just like the last time. Well go to the merry-go-round and to the zoo, then-!
Tom: Uh, mom? Can I have a word, mom? Uh, just the two of us.
Gina: What, Tom? That I don't know my Marinetta anymore because I'm always travelling?
Tom: No, mom! It's just-
Gina: You think she doesn't want to spend time with her Nonna, is that it?
Marinette: No! Of course I want to spend time with you! Uh, besides, it's not four o'clock yet.
Gina: There. You see? Come on, let's go, Marinetta! We're going to have a ball! (she pulls Marinette out of the house)