Action

Scene: The Seine. Adrien arrives at the Liberty. Nino and Luka are waiting for him.

Luka: Glad you could make it, babe.
Adrien: I came as soon as I got your message.
Nino: The situation is serious, my friends. (He points to Adrien) We're gonna need your help, Adrien.
Adrien: Alright, what can I do?
Nino: First, I gotta tell you why we're here. (He walks toward the houseboat, Luka and Adrien look at each other before following)

Scene: The Liberty. Nino is walking, Luka and Adrien following behind him.

Nino: As you know, the Seine is a river, its current acts as a conveyor belt carrying anything that falls into it out to the ocean. (He shows them a bunch of plastic products such as fans and containers) Including plastic waste.
(Mylène, Max, and Markov are working on the computer in the background)
Luka: I can't believe there is so much plastic in the Seine.
Zoé: (dragging a trash bag) Plastic is everywhere! Even in our clothes.
Nino: If no one tackles the plastic problem, who will?
(Luka and Adrien look at each other and shrug)
Nino: Exactly. Which is why we've decided to take matters into our own hands.
(He shows them what Mylène, Max, and Markov were working on earlier. Mylène presses a button on the computer, which shows the Liberty being used to collect plastic items from the Seine)
Mylène: We've converted the houseboat into an ecological water treatment plant.
Max: Thus allowing us to intercept the numerous plastic items that fall into the Seine and pollute it.
Nino: The problem with plastic is that it does not decompose.
Alya: (carrying a toolbox) All the plastic that's been made and reused has ended up in the environment. (She runs off)
Nino: And it's still there in one form or another.
Luka: That's terrible.
(A noise is heard, causing the houseboat to rumble)
Nino: This morning, the situation suddenly got worse.

Scene: Engine room. Alya slams the toolbox on the engine and passes tools to Anarka, Juleka, and Ivan.

Anarka: If this keeps up, my houseboat will sink! (The engine rumbles again as Nino, Luka, and Adrien come in)
Markov: We've detected a large increase of plastic waste in the Seine. All coming from the same item.
Adrien: Same item? What do you mean?
Nino: Paris City Hall decided to install vending machines everywhere in order to sell these.
(Alya pulls up her Alliance ring, which shows an advertisement)
Alliance Adrien and Alliance Kagami: It's so hot out!
Alliance Kagami: (points to a vending machine) Look at these adorable hand fans!
Alliance Adrien: And since they're so affordable, we can switch them up as much as we want!
(The machine dispenses two canisters, which they both open. The fans open to reveal designs of Coccinelle, Chat Noir, XY, Jagged Stone, including one with Adrien and Kagami with the city of Paris in the background)
Alliance: That way every day will feel unique. The Morpho fan, designed by Gabriel, is the must-have accessory to fight the heat! Available everywhere! A Bertrand King creation.
Adrien: I'm sorry, I didn't even know about this.
Luka: (takes Adrien's hand) We know it's a 3D avatar of you. It's not your fault, Adrien.
(The rumbling gets louder, causing everything to shake once more)
Ivan: The engine won't hold out! There's too much plastic to get rid of!
Anarka: Abandon ship, sailors!
(Everyone runs out of the houseboat)

Scene: The Liberty. The plastic containers start to rumble. The engine overloads, causing all the plastic to be blown out of the Liberty and onto the ground.

Nino: (picks up a hand fan) This is why we need you buddy. (He shows him the fan) These fans are a major eco-disaster. You have to talk to your old man.
Adrien: You know how my father is. He won't listen to me.
Luka: (takes the hand fan) What if we try to solve this another way? (He opens up the fan, revealing the logo of Bertrand King) By going straight to the root of the problem?

Scene: Bertrand King's plastic warehouse. A man is carrying a box and stacks it on top of other boxes.

Warehouse Worker: Can I help you, kids? I just got done loading these 10,000 plastic candy bags for the Dupain-Cheng bakery.
(Mylène faints, with Ivan catching her)
Luka: Excuse me sir, would it be possible for us to meet your boss?
(They look toward a statue of Bertrand King)
Warehouse Worker: Mr. Bertrand King? The King of Plastics? (He laughs) No, he never comes here. (He points upward) Bosses are up there, on top of the social ladder.
Luka: (also points upward) And where can we find the top of the social ladder?
(The Warehouse Worker presses a button on the statue)
Bertrand King statue: Plastic is fantastic!
(Luka walks over to see where the statue is pointing, which appears to be an office building)