Illusion

Scene: Pont des Arts. Mr. Ramier is being interviewed for a TVi news report.

Mr. Ramier: I'm absolutely confident Coccinelle and Chat Noir will definitely take back all the Miraculous that Monarch stole.

Scene: Interior, Le Grand Paris. XY and Bob Roth are also being interviewed for the news report.

XY: Hawk Moth...
(Bob signals him "no")
XY: No, I mean, the villain is Shadow Moth.
(Bob shakes his head "no" and points at his head, drawing a "crown")
XY: Right, duh, he calls himself "King" now.
(Bob writes "Monarch" on a paper and shows it to him)
XY: Huh? Monarch?

Scene: Ménagerie du Jardin des Plantes. Mr. Damocles is also being interviewed for the news report.

Mr. Damocles: When I was reakumatized, they saved me, but no, they didn't find any Miraculous. I didn't have any on me! But still, I say good job, Coccinelle and Chat Noir!

Scene: Exterior, Le Grand Paris. Chloé is also being interviewed for the news report. Sabrina is seen behind her.

Chloé: I have full faith our heroes have everything under control. Monarch won't win so easily!

Scene: TVi studio. Nadja Chamack is sitting with Alec, Bob Roth and Mr. Banana for a news report.

Nadja: And we're back on the set of "Leading Questions, Honest Answers" with our experts. You've heard the people of Paris; Monarch is more powerful than ever, and Coccinelle and Chat Noir can't seem to regain the Miraculous from him, so the question on everybody's mind is, "Are Coccinelle and Chat Noir the heroes we need?"
Alec: The media has paralyzed us with fear, but what we need to defeat Monarch is more love and kindness. People need to follow their dreams and have more hope. That way, we wouldn't be feeling all these negative emotions. Come with me, now, everyone, just love one another—
Bob: (cuts off Alec) If you ask me, there's too much talk about Coccinelle and Chat Noir- (He brings out a CD of XY's music) -and not enough talk about my son's— I mean, that wonderful indie artist, XY's new album!
Nadja: Thank you for that, Bob. And you, Mr. Banana? What's your take on all of this?
Mr. Banana: Stay peachy!
Nadja: Thank you! We'll be right back after these messages!

Scene: The Agreste mansion, in Adrien's room. An Alliance advertisement is broadcasted on the television.

Gabriel: (from the advertisement) The ties that bind...
(Plagg is seen on the table playing with an Alliance ring)
Alliance Adrien: Cancoillotte is cheese that dissolves fat, keeps your breath fresh, and bestows magical powers. (Plagg presses repeat) Cancoillotte is a cheese that dissolves fat, keeps your breath fresh, and bestows...
Adrien: (annoyed) I never said that!
Plagg: Yet you say it with such conviction! (He presses the Alliance ring playfully)
Alliance Adrien: Cancoillotte, why not?
Adrien: (sits on the couch, dejectedly) How does this happen?
Plagg: Since your father digitized you and Lila, you two have become virtual puppets! Thanks to the Alliance ring, anyone can make you say anything! Great, isn't it?
Alliance Adrien: Runny camembert makes your hair beautiful and makes you immortal.
Adrien: (takes the ring away) I don't think it's great at all! (He walks to the door)

Scene: The Agreste mansion, in the foyer. Adrien goes down the stairs to find Gabriel and sees Nathalie instead.

Adrien: Nathalie, I need to see my father!
Nathalie: Perfect timing, he's actually waiting for you in the kitchen.
Adrien: My father's waiting for me... in the kitchen?
(Nathalie escorts Adrien to the kitchen)
Nathalie: I'll be accompanying you to school this afternoon—
Gabriel: (while cooking, off-screen) No need, Nathalie, I'll go myself.
(Nathalie frowns irritatedly at his statement)

Scene: Interior, the Agreste mansion, in the kitchen. Adrien enters; Nathalie then closes the door behind him.

Gabriel: How do you like your French toast, Adrien?
Adrien: (confused) Uhh... well-toasted, Father.
Gabriel: Call me Dad. (He flips some toast on a pan) Your school's parent-teacher conference is scheduled for today, right?
Adrien: Yes, Father— I mean, Dad.
Gabriel: Perfect. I cleared my schedule to go with you. It's about your future. It's important.
Adrien: Um, are you sure you're feeling okay?
Gabriel: I've never felt better. You know, Adrien, you and I were a lot closer before... your mother disappeared. Since then, I've spent far too much time working and have allowed too much distance to grow between us. Can you imagine? I couldn't even see that you didn't want to be a model any longer.
(The pan sizzles, splattering a droplet of hot oil on Gabriel's apron. This causes him to use the pan as a weapon on instinct as if there was an enemy nearby. Adrien looks at Gabriel in confusion)
Gabriel: (clears throat) How do you like your eggs, son?
Adrien: Soft-boiled, Fath— Dad.
Gabriel: Ask Alliance how long they're supposed to cook, will you?
Adrien: Speaking of which, Dad, I'm not really comfortable with having my face on all these rings. That's actually why I didn't want to be a model anymore, to avoid that. Do you understand?
Gabriel: Of course, I understand, my son. But that's the point; it's just an image, it's not you! And since this image frees you from your obligations, we, the Agrestes, are able to spend more time together. But if you'd rather everything went back to the way it was before, just say the word.
Adrien: (puts on the Alliance ring) You're probably right.
Gabriel: (caresses Adrien's head) You'll see, my son. Alliance will bring us closer. (He touches the Alliance ring on Adrien's finger) Alliance, can you tell us how long it takes to cook soft-boiled eggs?
Alliance Adrien: For soft-boiled eggs, cook for three to four minutes.
(Gabriel winks at Adrien as they share a smile. Gabriel puts some eggs in the pan)