The Pharaoh

Scene: Couffaine House-boat. A video of Alya Césaire in Paris is being viewed.

Alya: Don't blink now, 'cause we are live from Paris. Yo peeps, Alya here, bringing you the one and only Coccinews. (Helicopter noises) Huh? What is that? (Coccinelle flies by, hanging on to his yo-yo, tied to a helicopter.) Coccinelle in action. Hang on 'cause we're going for a ride.
(zoom out to reveal the Coccinews website, which Luka Couffaine is watching the video from)
Luka: Another job well done, Tikki!
Tikki: Thanks to you, Luka!
(They share a fist bump)
Tikki: You've become an amazing hero! You've really leaned into your new role!
Luka: You say that like I'm the best hero ever; I'm sure you've met better in the past.
Tikki: Whether that's true or not, everyone can learn and become better, especially when they look to the past for guidance.
(Tikki types on the computer, bringing up a page on Egyptian pharaohs.) This will show you why.
Luka: An exhibition at the Louvre? On the pharaoh Tutankhamun? What does that have to do with me becoming a better superhero?
Tikki: You'll see!
Luka: (shrugs) Couldn't hurt to take a look. We do have a test on Ancient Egypt coming up soon.
Tikki: I'm sure you'll find it very interesting. Promise.

Scene: Louvre. Luka is going into the Louvre museum. He whispers to Tikki, who is hidden inside his jacket.

Luka: Alright, Tikki, we're here. I'll get to the Egyptian exhibit and then you call the shots, okay?
(Before Tikki can respond, voices can be heard approaching. She quickly hides once again, and Luka is suddenly being greeted by a familiar voice.)
Marinette: Luka, hey!
(Luka turns around to see Marinette and Alya.)
Luka: Hey Marinette, Alya. What are you two doing here?
Marinette: Oh, we just thought it'd be a good idea to come visit, seeing as we have that history test coming up.
Alya: You mean you thought it'd be a good idea. I told you, girl, I'm totally ready for that test!
Marinette: Well still, it never hurts to prepare a little extra. (She whispers to Luka) Someone's been spending way too much time going after new content for her blog.
(Jalil Kubdel suddenly runs between Luka, Alya, and Marinette carrying a folder full of papers. He pushes past them and trips, papers flying everywhere. His medallion falls, and he picks it up.)
Jalil: It's not broken!
Alya: (annoyed) Uh, I'm okay too, thanks for asking.
Jalil: I'm sorry. Hey, you're in the same grade as Alix, right? I'm her older brother, Jalil Kubdel. So you're into Tutankhamun too? (looks up) Dad!
Alya: Weird. So, where do you think we should start?
Luka: (He looks at Tikki in his jacket. Tikki points at an Egyptian papyrus.) How about over there? (The three approach the exhibit.)

(Suddenly, Jalil returns with his father in tow.)
Jalil: I'm telling you, father, it's right there in the hieroglyphics. (He pushes Marinette aside.) Excuse me. There, as you know, the one with the scepter is Tutankhamun, the first. And there, opposite is Nefertiti, his princess. There are exactly one hundred mummies beside them. She died several years before him, and the sun god Ra took her as his goddess.
Mr. Kubdel: Yes, I know all that. I'm the director of this exhibition, remember?
Jalil: Then you also know that Tutankhamun wanted to bring his princess back to life, by offering the sun god a new wife. This seemed to illustrate the ritual he devised. Nobody has ever fully deciphered the hieroglyphics, but I have! It's a magic chant that needs to be recited in order to complete the ritual! I'm sure of it!
Mr. Kubdel: Jalil, these types of frescoes are almost always the illustration for a legend. They called it a legend for a reason...
Jalil: That's what everyone thinks. But I know it's real. I can prove it!
Mr. Kubdel: Really? Exactly how are you going to prove it?
Jalil: I just need to get my hands on Tutankhamun's scepter and recite the spell!
Mr. Kubdel: Are you serious? Don't even think of touching that scepter. I'd lose my job on the spot. It's a priceless historical object! Not a toy!
Jalil: Come on, dad! We have to try out the spell! What if Tutankhamun had found out how to bring people back to life?
Mr. Kubdel: Listen, Jalil! That's enough! Get your head out of those papyrus scrolls and focus on the real world! This one! (He leaves. Jalil drops his papers, looking sad.)