Animaestro

Scene: Luka's room. Luka is watching a movie trailer on his tablet with Tikki.

Trailer: (dramatic music in background) He's scared of cats, but powerless without this feline.
Luka: (chuckles)
Trailer: Chat Noir and Coccinelle: two heroes facing their destiny. Coming soon to theaters.
(Thomas Astruc appears on the tablet)
Thomas: The real Chat Noir and Coccinelle won't be able to make it to tonight's premiere, but I hope that they'll love my movie as much as we love them.
Luka: Well, it certainly looks interesting.
Tikki: You turned down an invitation to the premiere?
Luka: We're superheroes, Tikki, not stars. It's our job to protect the city, not sit around at a movie premiere.
Tikki: Well said, Luka.
(Nadja Chamack appears on the tablet)
Nadja: The premiere will be attended by many illustrious guests including the rockstar Jagged Stone, the famous fashion designer Gabriel Agreste, and his teen idol son who voiced Chat Noir, Adrien Agreste.

Tikki: Why aren't we going with Adrien? I'm sure he'd love the company!
Luka: It's a prestigious event, Tikki; invite only. I'm sure Adrien would've brought us along if he could've. They'll be covering it on the news anyway. Besides, we'll see it eventually.

Scene: Tom & Sabine Boulangerie Patisserie, bakery.

Tom: So we've got six hundred macarons plus eight hundred petit fours not to mention the Coccinelle and Chat Noir tiered cakes.
Sabine: We should have hired someone to help us serve all these guests at the premiere.
Marinette: Do you mean the premiere for the Coccinelle and Chat Noir animated movie?
Tom: Yes.
Marinette: Oh, I could help you out with that.
Sabine: Oh honey, would you?
Marinette: Of course! (Drops the plates she's holding)
Tom: (catches plates) You mean, as a server?
Marinette: Yes. I'll hand the macarons out to everybody (She drops plates and knocks over a fruit bowl before managing to balance the bowl on top of the plates with a banana and two oranges) I just want to help out my wonderful sweet parents who I love so much. (She drops the balanced bowl and the fruit)
(Tom and Sabine look at each other warily)
Marinette: (dejectedly) You guys don't trust me. Then again, I'm such a klutz. Even I wouldn't trust me. (picks up oranges)
Tom: Of course you're not a klutz, my darling. You're hired. We'll just—
Marinette: (hugs Tom) Oh, thank you! This will really help take my mind off of Adrien! (She dances out of the room while singing, and crashes into something)
Sabine: We'll just make twice the number of macarons. Just in case.

Scene: Outside movie cinema. Nadja Chamack is reporting the premiere on the news.

Nadja: Don't be bemused, it's just the news. Nadja Chamack coming to you live from the premiere we've all been waiting for: the brand new animated movie of the adventures of Chat Noir and Coccinelle. The gorgeous Laura Nightingale, who sang all the songs in the movie, has just arrived!
(Laura Nightingale walks up to the man who is letting people into the event)
Doorman: Good evening, Laura! I'm your biggest fan. (Laura enters the theater)
(Thomas Astruc walks up to the door whistling but is stopped by the doorman)
Doorman: This is a private event, sir.
Thomas: Huh? Excuse me? I'm Thomas Astruc, the movie director. (shows him his ID)
Doorman: You filmed Chat Noir and Coccinelle? What are they like in real life?
Thomas: Er, it's an animated movie. It's all cartoon characters. We don't actually film anyone. See, there's this whole team that draw the chara—
Doorman: Whatever. Who would want to see Coccinelle and Chat Noir as cartoon characters? (He waves Thomas into the event)

Scene: Inside the event. Marinette is getting ready to serve the macarons.

Tom: So put your thumbs here and look straight ahead.
Marinette: Uh, shouldn't there be macarons on the tray?
Sabine: Yes, yes. We'll put them on as soon as you're ready.
Marinette: Dad, Mom! I am totally ready. Trust me, I'll be super-duper careful.
(Tom and Sabine look at each other and sigh before swapping out the trays)
Tom: (when Marinette walks off) Oh, our little girl's spreading her wings.
(Marinette trips near where Jagged is talking to Thomas)
Jagged: Coccinelle is one of my best buds! I can't wait to see his movie!
Thomas: Well I'm— I'm the director, so actually it's more my movie, so to speak.
Jagged: Oh, so you're the one who created the story?
Thomas: Well, technically the screen writers wrote the story, inspired by Coccinelle's exploits.
Jagged: Oh, ok. So you did all the drawings?
Thomas: No, no. The animators do all the drawings.
Jagged: So what do you do then?
Thomas: Well I—
(Marinette nearly falls but is caught by Jagged)
Jagged: Woah. Hey Marinette! Now she can draw! She does it all herself. Just check out these groovy sunglasses here she made!
Thomas: Well, that's impressive.
Jagged: She even designed my album cover!
Marinette: (giggles awkwardly) Er, thanks. Er, macarons?
(Thomas goes to take a macaron but hands from offscreen take them before he gets a chance)
(Marinette exchanges the empty tray for another)
Tom: Phew. So far so good.
Sabine: (gasps when she spots Adrien)
Marinette: (gasps)
Sabine: Uh-oh. She's seen Adrien.
(Marinette pulls a special macaron out of her pocket. It's passionfruit, Adrien's favorite flavor)
Marinette: (takes a deep breath; to herself) Alright, Marinette, don't mess this up. This might be your only chance to smooth things over with Adrien, just stay calm.
(Adrien spots Marinette. Marinette waves at him; he gives a strained smile out of politeness before turning back around)
Marinette: Oh, who am I kidding? He doesn't want to see me; I should just focus on my job.
(She turns and resumes walking around. She ends up near Chloé Bourgeois and Thomas Astruc)
Chloé: (to Thomas) You! Go fetch me a chocolate macaron, but make sure it's dark chocolate, not milk chocolate. Got that?
Thomas: But I'm not a waiter. I'm the movie director.
Chloé: Oh, really? So you're the one responsible for this movie?
Thomas: Yes, yes! Exactly! That's me!
Chloé: Then you were the one who left Queen Bee out of the trailer. You're lame, utterly lame.
(Marinette bumps into her)
Marinette: Oh, sorry.
Chloé: And what were you thinking hiring Dupain-Cheng as a waitress?
Thomas: I didn't hire her!
Chloé: (to Marinette) Actually, it's a really good thing you're doing the serving, Dupain-Cheng, because that means while I'm watching the movie with Adrien, you'll be washing dishes! (She laughs)
Marinette: Very funny, Chloé.
(Marinette then notices Nathalie talking to Adrien)
Nathalie: Adrien, you're expected to welcome the Tsurugis.
(Nathalie gestures to the door where Kagami Tsurugi and her mother are entering. Chloé walks over to Marinette)
Marinette and Chloé in unison: (when they spot Kagami) Oh no! Not her! Huh? Stop it! You're copying me! Quit it! No, you quit it! (Marinette sticks a macaron in Chloé's mouth)
Marinette: Do you know her?
Chloé: (spits out macaron) I don't just know her, I despise her.