Anansi

Scene: Césaire apartment, living room. Alya and Nino are dancing in front of the television. Marinette and Luka are watching from behind, next to Luka's phone with Adrien on videocall.

Marinette: They're so in sync with each other.
Adrien: You're right. Someday I hope I'll find someone I can share everything with... like they do. (In his room, Adrien sighs) But until my father starts letting me go out more often, that probably won't be happening.
Luka: Are you sure your dad won't let you come?
Marinette: Yeah, it's such a bummer.
Adrien: You know how overprotective he is. One day he'll realize I'm not a child anymore, but we're not quite there yet.
(Marinette chuckles)
Nino: Big finish, here we go!
Luka: You don't wanna miss this. (He points his phone at Nino and Alya)
Nino: (poses on one leg) Yeah!
(Marinette and Alya start laughing. Nora then enters the apartment)
Nora: Aw, shoot. Did I miss the ballet?
Alya: Nora, is your match over already?
Nora: (puts down her bag) First round: total knockout. Huh-huh-huh. (She punches the air) As usual. (whispering into Alya's ear) I told you a hundred times not to call me Nora in front of people, little sis. (to the rest) The name is Anansi, like the spider.
Alya: Sure, I'll call you Anansi when you stop calling me 'little sis'.
Nora: Anyway, what are you all still doing here this late? Don't you have school tomorrow?
(Luka, Marinette, and Nino avert their eyes bashfully)
Alya: We're waiting for it to get dark. It's the World Cup fireworks show tonight, remember? We're gonna watch from the Place de la Concorde Ferris wheel.
Nora: (spits out her drink) Oh no! Mullet head, baguette, and cappie can go with cellphone boy if they want, but you're staying here. (She crushes a milk carton under her hand) It's way too dangerous.
Marinette: But Nora—I mean, Anansi, you can't do that!
Nino: Yeah, no way dude, we're not going without Alya!
Alya: Listen, I appreciate you worrying about me and all, but I'm not a little girl anymore. Besides, Mom and Dad are totally cool with it.
Luka: I'm sure everything will be fine, Nora.
Nora: Tsk-tsk-tsk-tsk, there have been way too many akumatized peeps in Paris these last few weeks. Look how many times you've been in direct danger.
(Shots of Alya in danger from "The Pharaoh", "Prime Queen" and "Befana" are shown)
Nora: So you're staying home, safe and sound, period!
Alya: That's so ridiculous! The twins were akumatized right here at home.
(A shot from "Sapotis" is shown)
Nora: Well, that would've never happened on my watch. I won't let anybody mess with my family.
Alya: (unimpressed) You mean like the other day at the square?
Adrien: (on videocall) What happened?
Marinette: Well... we came across a man handing out flyers-
(A man in a banana costume is shown getting picked up by Nora, as his flyers of the "Adrien" ad get strewn around)
Marinette: Nora thought the man was akumatized and wanted to turn Alya into a banana-zombie.
Nora: Uh... uh... how was I supposed to know it was some stupid costume? And besides, what would happen if the Ferris wheel stopped working 'cause some akumatized dude refused to pay his fare? Once you fly-weights can actually defend yourselves like me (shows off) we'll talk about it.
Marinette: It doesn't matter, because Coccinelle and Chat Noir would save us if there were any problems.
Nora: Uh-huh. And what if Mister Whiskers is catching a mouse and that Beetle's been sprayed with bug spray? What do you do then?
Nino: I can protect Alya if I have to.
Nora: Oh yeah? And how exactly are you planning to defeat the villain? A dance-off? (She laughs)
Nino: (looks down) I'd... do anything to protect Alya.
(Alya looks touched)
Nora: Hmm, ha! Okay, Alya can go out with you guys... (She places her elbow on the table) if... you beat me at an arm wrestle.
Alya: Please, don't arm-wrestle on my account. I don't need to be protected.
Adrien: Nino, you don't stand a chance against Anansi; she's way too strong.
Nino: (annoyed) Hey, dude!
Adrien: Sorry, Nino.
Luka: I'm sure we'll work something out.
Marinette: We gotta go, or else we'll miss the fireworks.
Alya: (resigned) Forget it; you guys go without me.
Luka, Marinette, and Nino: Huh?!
Marinette: No way! (She gasps and looks smug) Okay, Nino will arm-wrestle you.
Nino and Alya: What?
(Nora smirks)
Marinette: Nino will prove his worth to us that he can defend Alya and every one of us, because—
Alya: (whispering to Marinette) Marinette, what are you doing?
Marinette: (to Alya) Don't worry, I got this. (to Nora) Because... uhh, because love and, uh, friendship, mmm, make your muscles bulge.
Nino: (flexes) Yeah, thanks Marinette.
Luka: All right! In position. Ready. Set. (He lowers his arm forward) Go!
Nino: Yaaaaa!
(Nino struggles furiously in vain while Nora sits calmly)
Nora: Really? Is that all you got?
Alya: She's gonna rip his arm off. (She shakes her head)
Nora: (fake yawns)
Marinette: (gasps) Over there, an akuma! (She points past Nora)
(Nora turns her head to look where Marinette pointed)
Nora: What?!
(Marinette grabs Nino's and Nora's hands and pulls them towards her, so Nora loses the match)
Adrien: And the winner is... Nino!
Marinette: (fake sheepishly) Oops, my bad; it was just a fly.
Nino: Hmm? (looks surprised)
(Luka looks skeptically at Marinette. She just cheated, didn't she? Luka didn't know Marinette could be so manipulative)
Marinette: You rock, Nino. Come on, let's go. If we leave now we'll get there just in time.
Nora: (punches the table) You're a bunch of cheaters. There's no way I could've been beaten by that fly-weight. If I hadn't been distracted, I-
Alya: That's it, Nora! You lost the challenge, so deal with it. I've had it with your overprotective big-sis-smothering. I'm going out with my BFFs and I don't care what you think. Alya out. (She starts to leave, then motions for Luka, Marinette, and Nino to follow)
Marinette: Uh, see you, Nora—I mean, Anansi. (She chuckles nervously; Nino chuckles too)
(The three of them, with Adrien still on the phone, leave and close the door; Nora growls)