Prologue.

It would pretty much be like any normal day where I would head straight home after school to catch up on my favourite television show.

No, it's not Star Wars or National Geographic channel. I might be 'the nerd' or the 'good girl' but I'm still like any normal teenage girl, fangirling over one of my many celebrity crushes- Dylan'O Brien.

Throwing my bag aside, I plopped myself down on the couch as I snuggled with one of the colourful cushions we have.

"Hey mum! I'm back!" I informed, yelling a little louder than usual since she's probably upstairs in her room occupied with her work.

When I didn't hear a response, my eyebrows knitted together in confusion and I quickly head upstairs.

She should be home by now.

"Mum?" I called out once again as I peeped into her room, quietly pushing open the door only to be greeted by an empty table.

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder, making me jump up in shock and my hand flew to my chest immediately.

"Oh my god!" I exclaimed.

I turned around to see mum, her hair dripping wet, as she gave me a sheepish smile. "Sorry to scare you, I was in the shower." I looked down to see herself wrapped in a big white bath towel.

"It's okay, totally didn't get a heart attack at all," I said and mum responded with a 'tsk'.

"Let me go get change first, I have something to tell you," she told me as the smile on her face dropped and was replaced with a serious look.

I grabbed her by her forearm, "What is it?"

"Just let me get change first," she insisted.

"You can just tell me right now," I urged, giving her a small pout. "Please, I'm dying of curiosity!"

"I'm not sure if you would be ready to hear it just yet..." She drawled as her eyes fell to look at her feet.

"Come on, I can take it," I teased as I nudged her lightly in the arm.

"Shailey... We are moving. We are moving to Miami in a week."

"What?"

•••

You see, I am leading a perfectly fine life with all my friends and getting my As on every test and assignment.

But that changed when a certain boy I never thought I would ever cross path with became part of my life.

From that very moment, I knew that my life will never be the same again.

A/N:
Hey guys! I just uploaded the first chapter of my new book 'remember me'. Would appreciate if you guys would check it out and show some love hehe ♥️ Thank you all! ☺️