Chapter 32

I have never heard from Jax the past few days. He never said hi to me when he sees me along the hallway, he never once smiled at me or waved at me or talked to me.

In fact, his eyes would land on mine incidentally but without even blinking, he would look away.

When he sees me walking towards him, he would turn on his heels immediately and walk in the opposite direction then disappear into the crowd.

It's like he was avoiding me. Oh who am I kidding, he was avoiding me.

It sucks.

I can't believe what my mum said about Jax right in front of his face, pointing out every single flaw of his and twisting the facts. I bet it hurt him.

I can't believe mum would tell him to stay away from me even when she knew how much I liked  him.

How could she do that? I was mad, extremely mad at her for doing that, for tearing apart our friendship.

But I wouldn't let this little thing come in between us. I choose my own friends and I make my own decisions, this has nothing to do with her.

I haven't talked to my mum the past few days as well. When she asked me about my day just for the sake of it, I would give her a one word reply.

She would then sigh and leave my room. As much as it pains me to see that, she hurt me even more by pushing Jax away from me.

It's about 5 minutes to the start of class, I came in early since I didn't really had the appetite for lunch.

My eyes scanned the vastly empty classroom to see Jax sitting at the back, his head bobbing to the music he was listening to.

I started to walk towards him with the intention of sitting next to him for class.

I really needed to talk to him.

He looked up at me for a split second as I pulled the chair out from under the table. Without a word, he stood up and sat at the corner of the class, leaving me alone.

"Jax, would you just-"

"There's nothing to talk about Shailey. Please just leave me alone and stop looking for me. Your mum wouldn't like this."

"No. I don't care what my mum likes or dislikes. I care about you, I care about our friendship," I told him as I let my eyes bore into his chocolate brown ones.

"Shailey... I just...I can't do this. I'm sorry."

I was just about to tell him how he didn't need to apologise for anything when the school bell started ringing.

Students started to walk into the class one by one, filling the once empty room with noise and people.

"Alright class! Please settle down!" The teacher demanded.

I sighed loudly and headed to the front and taken a seat next to Kelsi.

"Shai you alright?" Kelsi asked as she looked at me, concern embracing her features. "Please don't tell me it's Jax again."

"It is," I mumbled under my breath. "He is still ignoring me and avoiding me."

"Go talk to him," she suggested.

"I did! But the thing is, I can't talk to someone who doesn't want to talk to me in the first place."

"I'll help."