Chapter 5

"Just ditch. No regrets, I promise."

"I can't. And I can't let you ditch as well," I said after much hesistation.

"What makes you think I'm gonna listen to what you say Costello?"

"I'm gonna repeat one more time. You are not ditching detention. And I'm not ditching detention with you, Jax," I said firmly as I stepped closer to him daringly.

"What? You think you can scare me by standing so close to me?"

"No... But I'm not letting you ditch detention."

"Fine. Why don't you just be the good girl you are and stay in detention while I ditch detention to go out and have fun? I would be happy if you would just let me do whatever I want."

"Nope," I said, popping the 'p'. "Not gonna happen Mister."

"I'm still gonna ditch and there is nothing you can do about it," he said with a smirk on his face and made his way to the window at the back.

I quickly ran to stand in front of the window and blocked his only way out of freedom. Unless he walked out from the front door, which was not so wise.

"You are not getting past me," I insisted as I crossed my arms.

"Oh yes I am," he said and before I know it, he grabbed me by my shoulders and carried me out of his way.

"Hey!" I protested. "You can't do that!"

"Too bad I just did that. Now bye Costello."

I watched helplessly as he climbed over the window in one swift motion and jumped down from there.

"Wait Jax! You can't just... Urgh!" I groaned loudly.

I stepped onto the table in front of the window and tried to put one leg over the window.

After a few tries, I successfully managed to climb over the window and jumped off the ledge.

I landed with a loud thud.

"Oww..." I winced in pain as I tried to stand up. "Why did I do that?" I mumbled to myself.

To my surprise, I saw someone's hand in front of me and I grabbed it.

The person pulled me up and I came face to face with Jax.

"Woah," muttered under my breath as I stumbled a little. "Erm thanks."

"I see you changed your mind huh?" Jax asked as he quirked an eyebrow at me.

"So where are we heading to?" I asked and ignored his question.

Jax ignored me and continued to walk ahead of me. His long strides made it difficult for me to keep up with his pace.

"Are you seriously gonna ignore me right now?" I yelled at him yet he continued walking further and further away from me. "Really Jax?"

"Fine," I mumbled under my breath and quickened my pace to keep up with him.

Once I'm finally behind him, I stumbled a little and bumped into his back.

"Watch where you are going!" He snapped like he did when I first bumped into him earlier.

"Sorry," I muttered softly as I kept my eyes down casted.

"No, I'm sorry. It's just that I had a bad day," he admitted and he ran a hand through his messy hair.

"Oh no. I understand. But you can add a little fun in there and maybe this day won't be that bad afterall," I said as I let my lips twitched upwards into a genuine smile.

"How can I have fun when you are here?"

"Hey!" I protested and smacked his arm playfully. "I can be fun."

"Sure..." I trailed off as he raised an eyebrow at me. "And this is coming from a girl who said that it's only fun if you follow the rules and get an A," he mocked as his voice became an octave higher.

"I don't speak like that!" I yelled and smacked his arm again.

"What's with you and smacking my arm?" He protested as he rubbed his arm while glaring at me. "If you wanna feel my muscles, all you have to do is ask," he said as he wiggled his eyebrows at me suggestively.

"Oh yeah, I wanna feel those muscles," I spoke as I slurred my words and batted my eyelashes at him.

He pulled up his sleeves and flexed his arm at me. He then proceeded to bend his head down and kissed his arm.

I almost wanted to gag but I just shot him a flirty smile.

My hands reached out to feel his arm. I ran my hand up his arm once and then pinched it as hard as I could making him jump in pain.

"Owww! What was that for?"

"That's for mocking me and ignoring me," I said as a smirk plastered across my face. "Now tell me where are we going?"

"To the beach," he said as he glared at me while rubbing his arm.

"Great!"

A/N:
Hey lovely people! :) I hope you enjoy this chapter and is hopefully different and better than the old version.

I would like to say thank you for 160 reads and votes and most importantly your support!

Don't forget to vote, comment and fan if you like this chapter! :D

Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you think! What do you think will happen at the beach? How do you like them together? ;)

Much love,
Rachel xx