Chapter 13

This is happening all again.

Back to the day after the drowning incident.

Jax had been avoiding me all day in school and whenever I tried talking to him, he would ignore me and treat me as if I'm invisible.

I gave up trying to talk to him long ago, but I didn't get why he was ignoring me. Did I make him mad? What did I do wrong? Aren't I suppose to be the one who is mad at him? Afterall,he was the one who ditched me and left me alone in the library waiting for him for an hour. I didn't even get a damn apology from him yet he ignored me.

I really can't get guys and their thinking.

I heaved a sigh as I headed to the next class. Dragging my feet to Calculus, carrying some books in my arms.

"Hey Shailey!" A cheerful voice greeted from behind as I felt someone put his or her arm around my shoulder.

"Oh hey Kelsi," I said with a small smile that probably didn't quite reach my eyes.

"What's wrong?" She asked as concern laced her voice, her eyes filled with worry.

"Nothing," I mumbled as I kept my eyes on the floor.

"Are you sure Shailey? Doesn't seem like nothing is wrong to me. You have been sulking the whole day. Come on, you can tell me you know?"

I sighed once again before I started speaking.

"It's really nothing much, you see."

"Wanna talk about this while we binge eat some no salt fries at Mac?" Kelsi suggested with a cheeky smile on her face.

"Well... If you put it that way..."

"My treat!"

"Deal!" I exclaimed excitedly as a small smile spread across my face quickly.

The both of us head over to the MacDonald outside school and found a nice spot for me to eat and rant at the same time.

I stuffed some no salt fries into my mouth, very lady like mind you, and started ranting to Kelsi about Jax and yesterday's incident with Austin.

"He what?" Kelsi said a little too loudly, making almost every head near us to turn and look at us.

"Calm down would you?" I said softly as I raised an eyebrow at her.

"But Austin freaking Sky tried to kiss you! Oh my god! This is huge!" Kelsi exclaimed in excitement as she started fanning herself frantically.

"Are you forgetting something?" I reminded as I leaned back on my chair with my arms crossed.

"Nope! You guys were washing dishes together and your mum was home and-"

"No, no not that," I said as I face palmed mentally. "I meant the part where Jax ditched me in the library when we were suppose to meet? Yet he is ignoring me now?"

"Oh right... That too," she said with a sheepish grin. "Jax is awful."

"Really? That's all?" I said with a raised eyebrow. "No 'Jax is a asshole for making you wait and for ignoring you the day after'?"

"Well... He is an asshole for doing that. But maybe he has his reasons for not turning up?" Kelsi suggested with a mere shrug.

"Nah, he probably ditched me or forgot all about it while he spends his time making out with other girls in the hallway. Jax is just a pure asshole."

"Who are you calling an asshole?" Suddenly, a familiar voice reached me from behind. I could feel someone leaning close to me from the back, his breath fanning the back of my neck.

I gulped inaudibly and turned to look at Kelsi who was staring at the person right behind me with her large eyes.

"Hey Jax..." She mumbled nervously as she tucked a piece of stray hair to the back of her ear.

"Hey Kelsi... And Costello," he said in a deep voice, sending shivers down my spine.

I slowly turned my body around to come face to face with Jax, who had a playful smirk on his face.

"I need to borrow Shailey for a moment," he informed Kelsi before pulling me out of MacDonald.

"Oh, so you see me now?" I retorted and glared at him as soon as we were out of the place.

"What?" He asked, his voice laced with confusion.

Don't you just love how clueless boys are?

"Can't you see that I'm mad at you?"

"What for?"

"What for? Are you being serious right now?" I said as I had my arms crossed. "Who was the one who ditched me and left me waiting in the library for more than an hour? Who was the one who didn't turn up? Who was the one who got mad at me for no apparent reason and decided to ignore me half the day? You! That's right, and now you are just gonna walk up to me and pretend nothing happened? And asked me why I am mad at you?" I asked incredulously as anger and disappointment consumed me at the same time.

It was only then did I realise that everyone else walking by was looking at the both of us and I didn't even feel a little bit embarrassed.

"Shailey...I..."

"You don't have to say anything," I spoke coldly  and just as I was about to walk away from him, he grabbed me by my forearm and pulled me back to face him, making me grumble. "What?" I snapped.

"Look, I'm sorry for ditching you alright? It's just that I have my reasons. And as to why I ignored you, it was just a bad morning, I'm sorry. Can I make it up to you?" He asked sincerely.

"There isn't a need to," I said as I turned my body to back face him, trying to stay mad at him for just a little longer.

"Come on, please?"

I did secretly swoon a little at the way he said please.

"How are you gonna make it up to me?" I asked curiously, hiding my smile as I turned to look at him with a raised eyebrow.

"You'll see," he said with a cheeky wink.

A/N:
HIHI! ☺️ Hope you guys enjoy this chapter and like it as much as I do! I would really appreciate it if you leave any comments! :)

Don't forget to vote, comment and fan if you like this chapter!

P.s can anyone guess what made Jax ignore Shailey? (Hint: It's not really just a bad morning ;) )

And who else love no salt fries? ;D

See you soon with the next update lovelies! <3

Much love,
Rachel xx