Chapter 6

"So what do you do at the beach?" I asked as I let my eyes wander around the place.

The vast blue sky was decorated with specks of fluffy clouds as the sun rays shone through them and reached the ground. I watched as a flock of birds flew by.

The sound of waves crashing against the shore was ringing at the back of my ears while the smell of sea salt invaded my nostrils.

The leaves of the palm trees danced in a graceful manner as the cool wind blew, ruffling my messy hair as well.

My lips naturally twitched upwards into a small smile as I took in the calm and beautiful beach.

"To sell drugs," he said simply.

"What?" I asked as my eyes widened more than just a fraction. "Please don't get me involved because I don't want to-"

"I'm just kidding," he interrupted as he started letting out peals of laughter. "I came here to chill. What else do you think?"

I didn't say anything and just looked at him in his eyes, disbelief swirling in my eyes.

"Besides, do you think I would let you tag along if I really do sell drugs?" He explained as he quirked an eyebrow at me and looked at me like I'm an idiot.

"It would be a dumb thing to do," I said and looked away from his eyes.

Just as I was about to look up, I saw Jax trying to take off his shirt, in that sexy way that boys do. I stared at his abs shamelessly and it was only then did I realise he has the perfect model figure. His abs were well defined and the v line was visible.

I could go on and on about his abs and perfect model figure, but I shall save you from that.

His arm muscles flexed as he tried to lift the shirt over his head. I could almost feel myself drooling any moment.

"What do you think you are trying to do?" I asked with nervousness lacing my voice as soon as I was jolted back to reality.

I quickly averted my eyes away and slapped myself mentally.

"Taking off my shirt?"

"Oh right. Sorry. For a second I forgot that we are at a beach..." I said as I tucked a piece of stray hair to the back of my ear; something I always do when I am in a situation like that.

Sigh me.

"Right..."

"Where are your friends?" I asked all of a sudden.

"Friends? Friends are over rated. I come here alone most of the time."

"Oh. Cool," was all I managed to say and once again I mentally slapped myself.

Cool. Really? That's the best I've got?

"Yo! Costello!" I heard Jax's voice reached me, enabling me to grasp reality once again.

"Huh?"

"What are you doing standing there?"

I looked up to see Jax a few feet away from me as he squinted his eyes to look at me.

"Nothing?"

"So what are you waiting for? Come and join me!" He exclaimed as he gestured for me to go over.

I'm so getting busted for not stopping him.

I kicked off my shoes and I felt myself relax as soon as my feet came in contact with the soft, white sand. 

I ran towards the sea where Jax was and let the waves crash onto my legs. The water felt cool and refreshing against my legs.

"Can we collect seashells?" I chirped excitedly like a five year old.

"Of course..." He said as he quirked an eyebrow at me, like he was judging me.

Who am I kidding? He was totally judging me.

I shook that thought off my head and let my eyes wander around. Instantly, a beautiful seashell with intricate details caught my attention.

I bent down and picked up the sea shell delicately, as if it would break any moment.

I played with the shell in my hands, examining every detail as I gasped in awe.

I have never seen a sea shell this beautiful.

I brought the sea shell close to my ear and listen to a wave like sound. It was as if the whole ocean was in the shell itself, simply amazing.

But the dorky part of me was nagging that the sound I was hearing is the sound of my own blood rushing in me.

Ugh.

I shivered a little at that thought. Science ruins every fantasy I used to believe in.

"Costello!" I heard Jax's voice pierced through the air and reached me, making me jump in shock.

I watched helplessly as the sea shell fell to the ground, landing on the soft sand.

Before I could pick it up, the wave came and swept it away. Far, far away.

"Jax! My sea shell!"

He just looked at me and started laughing.

"Alright, I will get it for you."

"It's impossible Jax. It got swept away by the wave," I said with disappointment shining through my voice.

"I will show you it's possible," he said with a wink before disappearing into the vast ocean.

I watched with amusement as Jax swam around in the big ocean while I stood on the shore.

"Jax!" I called out as I watched him swim further and further away from the shore, as if he was consumed by the big waves. "Come back! it's dangerous!" I yelled as my stomach started to swirl with a weird feeling, as if something bad was going to happen.

"Don't worry! I'm good!" He yelled from far and I was shocked that I could even hear him.

"No Jax!" I ran closer to the the sea and found myself retreating as I was about knee deep.

I watched as he went under the water and for a long moment he didn't resurface.

I felt my heart beating faster and faster every second as fear spread through me like a wild fire.

After what seemed like eternity, he finally resurfaced but I could only see his arms, as if he was gasping for air, like he was drowning.

"Oh my gosh he is drowning!" I screamed in realisation. I looked around to see that no one was nearby and I had to save him myself.

I ran into the ocean and hesitated a little before going in. I scolded myself mentally for even wasting a second.

As I went deeper, I started to struggle when the water was at my neck area.

The waves started to push me further away from the shore and I found myself struggling.

I started to panic as I tried waving my arms but all I really did was to push myself underneath.

I felt so helpless and I know struggling isn't going to help in any way.

A big wave came and consumed me, I let my body sink deeper into the ocean.

Soon, my whole body was submerged in water as light faded away and darkness enveloped me.

I'm drowning. Deeper and deeper.

A/N:
Oh no! Shailey is drowning :( So if you read the previous version, you would realise I changed the plot quite a lot for the scene where they go to the beach

Well, so how was it? I hope you enjoy it! And there will be more to come :)

Don't forget to vote, comment and fan if you like this chapter! :D

See you next wed!

Much love,
Rachel xx