Chapter 29

"Five rounds!" Mr Rubert yelled as soon as everyone gathered around him. His loud booming voice echoed throughout the large field as usual.

Everyone started to groan loudly while some girls complained about being on their period.

I let out a loud sigh, already wishing that it's over.

I hate physical education. It sucks big time.

But as much as it sucked, I never once faked an injury or come up with any excuses to skip.

Girls in my class always use the classic cramps excuse to get out of physical education but I never did even though I really loved to.

I started jogging slowly, pacing my speed. I let everybody run past me as I pant heavily, sweat trickling down my forehead after just one round.

As you can tell, I'm not a very athletic person.

I was jogging, last in place with Kelsi by my side.

"Kels," I called out.

"What is it Shai?" She asked, turning to look at me seemingly unfazed by the idea of running.

"You can go ahead without me," I said with a small smile that I barely managed.

"You sure?" She asked, quirking an eyebrow at me as we continued to jog.

"Yeah," I said breathlessly as I managed a small nod.

I watched as Kelsi gave me one last smile before she ran off like the great athlete she is. Kelsi wakes up at 8am every morning to head over to the park to jog and does her regular workout routine while I, on the other hand, sleeps till noon whenever possible.

Kelsi ran ahead of me, she is just naturally good at running and I am not going to be the friend that stops her from giving her full or be a burden in any way. Her long pony tail swayed from side to side as she ran, running without much effort.

"Yo Costello!" I heard a familiar voice rang out behind me.

I whipped my head around to see that Jax was running toward me and soon he was right beside me with a smirk on his face. He was probably already on his 4th round while I was still stuck at the second.

"What?" I snapped.

"Hey, no need to snap at me cupcake," he teased, raising his arms up in mock surrender.

"Don't you dare call me cupcake," I warned to which put an amused look on his face.

"Well geez... Okay cupcake."

I wanted so badly to pounce on him and start strangling him like the mad woman I am but I am just way too weak and tired for that right now. Maybe I will just deal with this jerk later.

"I will deal with you later," I told him in between pants.

"Oh I am so scared," he mocked in a high pitch voice as he placed both of his hands on his face with his mouth wide open.

"Jax Merico..."

"Hey!" Mr Rubert shouted, pointing in our direction as he narrowed his eyes at us. "Less talking, more running!"

I felt my cheeks burning as they are probably as red as tomatoes when everyone turned around to look at Jax and I. I quickly looked down, wishing I could bury my face in my hair but it's tied up.

"Enjoying the attention?" Jax asked.

"Not at all, but I can't say the same for you," I retorted.

"You are right, I enjoy the attention," he told me with a smug smile. "You are blushing," he stated as he looked at me intently.

"No I am not," I insisted and quickly covered my cheeks with my hands.

"You are such a bad liar."

"Go away Jax."

"If you say so," he muttered under his breath and ran away, leaving me alone to run again.

I was at my last round when I felt a sharp, stinging pain in my lower right abdomen. It felt as though someone was stabbing me with a knife right at that spot.

Stitches.

I bit my lower lip, trying to resist the pain.

But with every step I took, pain surged through me making me scream internally.

I pressed hard on my lower abdomen, hoping that it would help ease the pain but to no avail. Before I know it, tears were starting to flow down my face as I grimaced at the pain.

I slowed down my pace, almost coming to a stop. I was breathing heavily as I pressed onto that very spot, thinking that the pain might just go away if I did that.

I seriously hate stitches and I hate how it weakens me almost immediately.

"Are you okay?" A voice laced with concern asked as I felt someone placed their hand on my shoulder.

I looked up to see Austin standing right in front me, his bright blue eyes filled with worry and concern embraced his features.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," I grimaced as I tried to force out a smile which doesn't seem that convincing to Austin.

Mr Rubert would not believe me if I told him I was not feeling well, he would think that I'm like those other girls who come up with every single excuses they can to skip gym class.

"Are you sure? You look extremely pale," Austin pointed out as he had one hand holding my face.

"Yeah, I am totally fine," I lied. "It's okay."

"No, you are not. I'm telling Mr Rubert," Austin insisted.

Just as he was about to run away I held onto his arm, pulling him back.

"Austin, it doesn't matter, I'm fine. Besides Mr Rubert would think that I'm faking it."

"You can't fake something like this, your face is so pale Shailey."

"Austin... I'm fi-"

Those were the last few words that I managed to say before I collapsed to the ground and let darkness engulf me as a whole.

A/N:
Oh no Shailey fainted :o
Who else here hates stitches and get them very easily? I hate it I'm not a very fit person... 😁

Anyway, don't forget to vote, comment and share if you like this chapter!! 😊💓

Also, I'm so close to 3K!! Pls help me out!!  😘😘

Stay tune for the next chapter, this coming Friday!

Much love,
Rachel