Chapter 46

"That's all for today," Mr Nigel announced and I immediately grabbed my already packed bag from 5 minutes before the class end and was ready to head out.

Jax had said that he wanted to have lunch with me after school and I couldn't help but look forward to it since morning.

Students shuffled out of the class and chatter filled the air almost instantly. Just as I was about to walk out of the class to look for Jax after school, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I whipped my head around to see Austin standing right in front of me, his sandy blonde hair in a ruffled mess as usual, his bright blue a little tired.

"Hey Shailey," he greeted as his lips curled upwards into a big smile. "Long time no see."

Shocked, my eyes widened a fraction.

"Austin?"

"You didn't forget me, did you?" He asked, feigning hurt but I could clearly see mischief dancing in his eyes.

"Uhh...No! I just... I'm surprised to see you," I admitted as I awkwardly tucked a piece of stray hair to the back of my ear.

"We go to the same school Shailey," he teased as I shifted uncomfortably under his gaze.

A short moment of silence fell upon us.

"Is there something you want to say?" I printed finally when I couldn't stand the silence.

"I heard you are moving to Boston next week."

"How did you-"

"I sort of heard you telling Kelsi," he interrupted, a small blush spreading to his cheeks.

I nodded, my mouth forming a little o shape.

"Company stuff," I added with a small smile as I glanced down to look at my watch. "Hey... I got to go. See ya!"

Just as I turned on my heels, I felt him grabbed me by my forearm, and I immediately felt uncomfortable. It just didn't feel right.

I quickly tried to yank my arm away, showing obvious discomfort which he didn't seem to get as he only tightened his grip.

"I wanted to know if you would-"

"What are you doing?" I heard an angry voice boomed out loud from behind me. Of course it's Jax.

I turned around to see him standing there, it's obvious he was fuming with anger. His fists were clenched tightly beside him, his knuckles turning white.

"Jax!" I cried out in surprise. That was when I noticed there was a small curious crowd surrounding us like they were waiting to watch a show.

"Get your hand off my girl before things get ugly," he demanded fiercely, and Austin quickly let go of me before raising his hands up in mock surrender.

"Just wanna talk man, chill bro," his voice eerily calm while my heart was pounding against my chest so loud I thought it was going to burst out anytime.

"Can't you see she was obviously in discomfort?" Jax pointed out. I refused to make eye contact with anyone as I stared at my shoes like they were the most interesting thing I have ever seen.

"Well, my bad for not noticing."

"I swear to god if you-"

"Jax! It's alright. I'm fine," I said, grabbing his arm. "Let's just go alright?" I told him as I tried pulling him along with me.

He let out a defeated sigh. "Alright. Only cause you said so."

I gave him a small smile that didn't quite reach my eyes, but was thankful he didn't do anything rash of impulsive.

"Don't let me see you bothering Shailey again," Jax turned back to warn Austin, I didn't need to see to know that his eyes were probably burning right into Austin's.

"Yeah man," I heard Austin mumbled and for a moment I felt a little bad. All he wanted to do was talk.

"Hey, what's on your mind?" Jax asked with genuine concern as his brown eyes bored into mine.

"I'm just thinking..."

"About earlier?"

I nodded lightly as I kicked the pebble laying on the side of the path.

"Don't tell me you are feeling bad for him because he-"

I cut him short as I leaned forward to kiss him on his lips with a small peck.

I watched as his eyes widened a little in shock, his eyebrows furrowed together in confusion.

"What was that for?" He asked.

"I didn't want you nagging the whole way there," I told him with a sheepish grin. "Besides, you are my boyfriend, I can kiss you anytime I want," I added with a smug smile.

"This is why I love you so much," he said as a smile grace his lips.

"Aw, I love you too babe," I told him with a big smile stretching from one ear to the other as I pulled him close to me for a hug.

We continued to walk for a while, our hands interlaced with one another before we finally come to a stop.

Shoutings in a language I still do not understand much of it invaded my ears as I breathed in the familiar aroma of garlic and soy sauce filled the air. Somehow garlic smells so much better when it is being cooked with vegetables.

I don't know when was the last time I had my favourite pork belly and fried cabbage from this Chinese restaurant.

"Are we eating here?" I asked excitedly as I looked at Jax with a bright smile on face, forgetting the whole incident earlier.

"Yeah," he replied with a smile of his own as his eyes wandered around the crowded little family restaurant. The walls were hung with pictures of famous celebrities with their signature signed on top of it and floor was carpeted in dark red.

"I thought you didn't like Chinese food..."

"But you love them," Jax said without a doubt and I felt a little string tugged at my heart. I can't believe he remembered. "Pork belly and fried cabbage for you again?" He asked as he poked my playfully in my side.

"You know me so well."

A/N:
Hey guys! Who here love Chinese food? 🙋🏻 I do hehe

Anyway, Austin finally made an appearance after so long, were you surprised? Or did you guys forget that he existed already 😂😂

Don't forget to vote, comment and share if you enjoy this chapter! 💓 You could also follow me on wattpad for further updates 😊

Special thanks to @ritupatel15 for showing so much love ❤️❤️❤️ I really appreciate your support 💖

Thank you for your support and have a lovely day xo