Chapter 54

IMPORTANT PLS READ
Hey guys! I know it had been like almost a mth since my last update. Currently, I will be busy with my national exams (and also currently dying). But don't worry, I will be back in late Nov after I'm done with all my papers woohoo can't wait tbh 🎉 Anyway, thank you so much for your patience and support thus far, it makes me happy when I read your comments and msgs 💗 I hope you enjoy this chapter! ☺️

My hair was dripping wet and my clothes were sticking to my body. My body started to shake uncontrollably as my teeth chatter from the cold. I guess it's not a good idea to dance in the rain. Rom-com movies always seem to portray it in a way that we all swoon about, but really, you are just asking for a cold.

The both of us decided that the rain was getting too heavy and headed for shelter. I let Jax pulled me into a hug, his arms wrapped around me as I buried my face in his chest. Somehow I felt just a little warmer.

Just as I was about to close my eyes for a while and enjoy this moment with Jax, my phone started ringing loudly, causing me to jump up in shock.

I fumbled for my phone in my purse and saw that mum was calling.

"Hello?"

"Shailey, will you be home soon? Dinner is almost ready sweet heart."

"Oh right! I will be on my way!"

"See you dear."

"See ya!"

"Was that your mum?" Jax asked as he pointed to my phone to which I responded with a small nod. "So you will be going home now?"

"Yeah... I guess," I mumbled, tucking a piece of stray hair to the back of my ear.

"Then I guess I will see you tomorrow?"

Silence stretched between us for a few seconds and suddenly I got an idea.

"Hey!" I exclaimed as my eyes lit up. "You know what?"

"What?" Jax asked, his eyebrows knitted together in confusion as he stared at me, waiting for a reply.

"You should come with me, to meet my parents. I think it's time they know that you are my boyfriend."

I watched as his brown eyes widened a fraction, his mouth left slightly agape. "Meet your parents? Don't they already know?"

"I mean... I didn't say it explicitly. I guess this is the chance to make it official. There shouldn't be an issue," I said with a mere shrug.

"Can I say something?" I quirked an eyebrow at him as I waited for him to continue. "I'm fucking nervous and scared right now. Feel my heart beat," he said as he took my hand and brought it to the left side of his chest. Indeed, his heart was pumping as fast as lightning.

I let out a small laugh. "Come on. You are the mighty Jax Merico. Nothing scares you," I told him as I tiptoed to give him a small kiss on his cheek. I watched as his lips curled upwards into a big smile almost instantaneously. "You got this babe."

• • •

"Hey mum and dad," I greeted with a sheepish smile as I gave them a small wave with my free hand as soon as we stepped into the house.