Chapter 15

I jumped out of my bed immediately as the sound of my alarm ringing reverberated throughout the room.

"Oh my god! It's Saturday!" I jumped in excitement as I quickly went to get ready.

I woke up extra early to make sure that I have ample time to get ready for my date with Jax. I mean hang out.

Once I'm done showering and freshening up, I head over to my closet and slide open the door.

I stood there for a good minute, my eyes wandering around, scanning through the tons of clothing I have.

"What should I wear?" I mumble softly to myself as I ponder over various clothing matches I already had in my head.

I have no idea. Is this suppose to be a casual thing?

I picked out a simple black shirt and some ripped jeans and wore it on. I walked in front of the mirror and looked at myself.

"Oh my gosh, this is not going to work. Nope it's way too casual."

I went to dig out some other clothes, dressed in a long white maxi dress, I looked myself in the mirror again. Pulling my hair back, I shook my head yet again.

"Oh no, now I either look like a ghost or a bride wannabe, nope this is horrible."

I managed to get hold of a skirt and shirt, tried it on and realised it's not going to work either.

So guess what?

I decided to wear the plain black shirt and ripped jeans.

I know, after all these, I chose the first outfit. I mean this always happen am I right? I'm not the only one right?

Just as I was about to put my hair into a side braid, I heard the door bell ring.

"Shailey! Could you please get the door for me?" I heard mum shouted from downstairs.

"Okay!" I replied as I quickly and frantically managed to tie a decent looking braid before I grabbed my bag and left my room.

Rushing down the stairs, I quickly tucked back a few pieces of stray hair to the back of my ear, wanting to look my best. For this hang out with Jax.

"I'm coming!" I yelled as the sound of the doorbell echoed through out the house once again.

I quickly pull open the door, wanting to apologise for making him wait.

"I'm so so-" I stopped as I noticed no one was standing in front of me. "Huh?" I mumbled to myself as my eyebrows knitted together in confusion.

"HEY COSTELLO!" A loud voice came out of nowhere, scaring the shit out of me. I jumped and screamed in shock as my hands flew to my mouth naturally.

"Who's there sweetheart?" Mum asked.

"It's Jax."

I turned my head back to face him, narrowing my eyes at him. He had a smirk etched onto his face.

"Oh my god. Why did you do that?"

"I like seeing you jump in shock, it's funny. It's very much like my daily dose of entertainment," he said as he wiggled his eyebrow suggestively.

"I hate you," I said as I punched him in his torso.

"No you don't, you love me," he said with a flirtatious wink to which I responded with a playful eye roll.

"Don't be disgusting Jax, I will never love you," I faked gagged and rolled my eyes.

"Keep telling yourself that Costello, you can't resist this," he said as he gestured to himself. "Come on, let's go."

"Bye mum!"

"Bye Shailey! Be careful out there!"

"Yes mum!"

I locked the door behind me and followed Jax to his car.

"Nice car," I commented as I looked at the sleek black Mercedes in front of my eyes.

"Well, of course. It's not mine," he said as his lips curved into yet another smirk.

"What?" I gasped in shock. "You stole it?" I questioned as my eyes widened a fraction.

"Do you have that little trust in me that you would think I stole a car?" Jax asked as he looked me in my eyes, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Well... I..." I stuttered as I was lost for words.

"You know if I were to steal a car, I wouldn't just steal a Mercedes Costello."

"Like a limousine?" I suggested.

"No. Many limousines," he said and we broke into laughter.

"Come, hop on," he said as he gestured to a motorbike and passed me a helmet.

"Are you serious?" I muttered under my breath. I have an irrational fear of motorbikes since I was like 10. My older cousins would watch motorbike races, and me being young and innocent thought it was cool. But when I saw how the bike flipped over, it scared the shit out of me. "I have to ride a motorbike with you?"

"Yes Costello. Come on now, don't be shy."

"But... I..." Before I could finish my sentence, Jax took the helmet from my hands and helped me put it on.

His face was only inches away from mine, I could smell aftershave.

"Is this okay?" He asked as he shook the helmet a little.

"It's fine," I mumbled softly with a small nod.

Hesitantly, I slowly got onto the back of the motor bike. I gulped audibly as soon as the bike roared to live.

"Must I really ride on your motorbike?"

"Yes Shailey, no worries alright," he said with an assuring smile. "Now hold on tight."

I wrapped my arms around Jax's torso loosely, and looked at the road ahead of me.

That's when I felt him grabbed my arms to pull it closer to him, making me wrap my arms around him tightly.

"You might wanna hold on tight for this."

A/N:
Firstly, I'm so sorry for not uploading last week, but here's an update! Although you didn't get to see what went on on their "date", I assure you that you will see it in the next chapter!! This is more of a preview and I hope that you like it! :)

Hopefully, you guys can relate to shailey's wardrobe disaster haha

Don't forget to vote, comment and fan if you like this chapter!! :D

Much love,
Rachel xx