epilogue.

Fast forward to 6 years later...

"Is she done yet?" Kelsi asked, her bright eyes sparkling with excitement as she looked at me through the dressing table mirror.

The make up artist, Aubrey rolled her eyes playfully for the fifth time as she carefully curled my last few strands of hair, creating beautiful wavy locks. "Well isn't she patient?" She teased and I let out a soft chuckle.

"Very," I turned to look at Kelsi who was sat right behind me on my bed, already dressed in a blush pink dress I chose for my maid of honour. It was a simple dress, embellished with some crystals around the waist area, the chiffon material flowing down nicely which stopped right at her ankles.

Kelsi looked at me, giving me a sheepish smile.

Aubrey took the flower crown veil that was sitting on the side table and gently placed it on top of my head. The array of flowers came together to create a beautiful design, adding some colour to my plain white wedding dress.

"Thank you so much," I said with a grateful smile before hopping off the chair I had been sitting in for the past few hours

I made my way to where the full length mirror was at, still right beside my wardrobe, the college poster replaced with one of the wedding pictures I took with Jax. We were standing in the middle of a field of lavenders, my favourite flower. He was carrying me in his arms, bridal style. The both of us had big smiles plastered across our faces as we looked into the eyes of one another.

I can't believe this day has finally arrived. After so many years of ups and downs, I thought I would have lost him to someone else, to someone better than me. I thought we just weren't meant to be, I was afraid and insecure. I know we have been saying how we love each other but I never really understood what it meant, especially when I was that young. But now I do. Loving someone isn't easy, and sometimes pain is just a consequence of love.

I looked at my reflection, admiring the dress I had on. It's plain white and off the shoulder with a sweet heart neckline. It hugged my waist nicely and flows down nicely, the soft and smooth silk material reaching the ground. Around the waist, there were small crystals that decorated the dress, similar to the dress Kelsi was wearing.