Chapter 45

"Jax, we need to talk."

"I got a feeling 'we need to talk' isn't a good sign," he said, retracting his arm that was previously slung over my shoulders. He sat up straighter as he turned to faced me fully. "What do we need to talk about?" He asked, raising an eyebrow as he looked at me intently.

We were currently sitting on one of the many benches in the park, with an incredible view of the lake. The sound of children's'  laughter in the air coming from a mile could be heard, not exactly matching what I was feeling.

My stomach wasn't taking it well, it's like the insides were turning and twisting in all the wrong places. I was a nervous wreck, I didn't know how to start or if I should even be telling Jax.

Millions of thoughts were swirling through my mind like an uncontrollable hurricane as all the worst possible scenarios played out in my mind like a movie.

"You are playing with your bracelet again," Jax noted as his eyes lowered to my wrist. "It's okay Shailey, you can tell me," he urged with a reassuring smile on his face as he placed one hand on my shoulder.

I lifted my head a little to meet his gaze, and saw how sincere he looked. I remained silent, my mouth opened to speak but no words came out.

"Wait, you are not pregnant are you?" Jax cried out, causing a few heads to turn around and stare. His big brown eyes were widened by a fraction, his mouth hanging open.

"No!" I exclaimed with exaggerated hand gestures. "We didn't even... you know?" Suddenly, a small blush crept onto my cheeks, turning them slightly pink.

"Oh right, sorry," he said with a sheepish smile as his hand reached for the back of his neck. "So what is it that you want to say?"

"Don't freak out when I say it okay?"

"I'll try," he mumbled with a small shrug as he scooted closer to me. "Go ahead."

I took in one deep breath, as I tried very hard to calm myself down. My heart was pumping way faster than it should, and I couldn't stop myself from thinking about all the worst possible scenarios. What if Jax breaks up with me? What if he didn't want me anymore? What if he finds someone better when I'm away?

"Shailey?" I heard Jax called out to me, effectively snapping me back to reality once again. "You can tell me you know?"

"Right," I gulped. "I just don't know how or where to start," I admitted.

"Just tell me what's going on Shai."

"So...I'm moving."

"Nearer to my house? That's great!" I watched as his eyes lit up for a moment as he rambled on about how we could have walk to school together and being able to see each other more often. "I can't wait-"

"No," I finally managed to say. "I... I'm moving to Boston in a few weeks time." As I let those few words tumble out of my mouth, I couldn't help it but felt a pang of sadness in me. Tears start to form in my eyes and I blinked them back furiously.

"Boston?" He echoed as I watched the smile on his face slowly fade away. "Isn't that over a-"

"Over a thousand miles," I completed his sentence. "I know. We wouldn't be able to attend the same school and graduate together," I muttered softly as I stared at my wringing hands. "Are you going to break up with me?" I asked and before I know it, hot beads of tears were streaming down my face endless like a waterfall.

"Hey, Shailey. Look at me," he said softly, his voice ever so gentle as he lifted up my head with his fingers. I looked at him, tears swimming in my eyes, I can barely see. He tucked a piece of stray hair to the back of my ear, and he had a small smile on his face. But I could see the sadness evident in his brown eyes, emotions were running wild in those eyes. "Is that why you were afraid to tell me? You think I was going to break up with you? Just because you moved?" I nodded slightly and he lifted his hands to wipe my tears away. His lips curled up into a small smile that didn't quite reach his ears.

"Shailey," he started. "I asked you to be my girlfriend because I am madly in love with you for the longest time. I started to feel nervous around you, I started to wear my best clothes in case I would bump into you in school. I started to study harder because I want to be better for you. You are my everything and just because you are going to be a thousand miles away doesn't change anything."

He interlaced his hands with mine and our hands fit perfectly with one another. The smile was still on his face as his chocolate brown eyes bored into mine, holding my eyes captive.

I gave him a weak smile, but I was sincerely the happiest in that moment. His words touched my heart, it made me want to cry even harder. I don't deserve him.

"Shai, I made a promise to you. I promised to bring you to Paris one day. And I'm not planning on breaking that promise. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever. I ain't breaking up with you, not even if you want to. I'm sticking by your side till we grow old just because I am so in love with you."

His arms snaked around my waist as he pulled me close to him. I let him embrace me in a hug that held not only me but all my emotions in his strong arms. I never want this hug to end.

"I love you too, Jax Merico."

A/N:
Aw they said love ❤️ heheh

Hope y'all enjoy this chapter! Don't forget to vote, comment and share if you did! 😊😊

Leave a comment telling me what's your favourite part of this chapter! I would love to know 💓

Happy Friday and have a lovely day! 💖

Much love,
Rachel xoxo