Chapter 42

It's our official first date as a couple.

I am still a nervous wreck as usual and nothing can help calm me down. Despite knowing that we are a couple and that going on dates is what normal couples do, it didn't stop me from worrying.

But ever since he asked me out yesterday, my mind had been running thousands of scenarios. No matter how hard I try, the thought of what to wear, what are we going to do still linger at the back of my mind.

Amidst the crowd in the hallway, I pushed past everyone and headed straight for Jax as I heard some mumbled a few curse words under their breath.

"Jax!" I called out as soon as I reached him, tapping him by his shoulder to get his attention as he shoved some books into his locker.

"Yes princess?" He asked, turning around as he quirked an eyebrow at me, a slight smirk on his handsome face.

"Can you tell me where we are going this weekend?" I pleaded as I looked into his eyes deeply and gave him my best puppy dog eyes and a small pout.

"Excited huh?" He teased, wiggling his eyebrows at me suggestively.

I ignored his suggestive remark and continued to plead him. "Pleaseeeeeeeee, pretty please."

I stood on my tippy toes, pulling him close to me, my arms wrapped tightly around his waist, unaware of the stares with the blatant public display of affection.

"That's not going to work this time," he shook his head with a mock disapproval look. "Nope," he said once more to emphasise his point.

My eyebrows furrowed together and I let go of him. "Fine! You suck!" I said ready to stomp off but before I could, Jax grabbed my arm, pulling me back to him and looked at me with a smirk on his face.

"Really? You suck?" He asked, cocking an eyebrow at me. His eyes were dancing with mischief, the smirk still etched into his face.

I rolled my eyes dramatically, as I dead panned,"Yes why not?"

"You are such a kid," he teased, squeezing my cheeks together, causing my lips to pucker up, got me looking like a puffer fish.

I narrowed my eyes at him dangerously. As I was about to protest, he leaned down to plant a small kiss right on my lips.

I swore I heard a few "aww" around the corner but I was too focused on the kiss that every thing else seems so unimportant.

A smile crept into my face involuntarily although I was trying to hold it back, my cheeks were starting to feel a little hotter than usual.

"You are making it hard for me to pretend to be mad at you so that you would tell me where we are going," I told him, causing him to let out a low chuckle.

"You are really cute."

"Cute? That's all? Bye," I said, pretending to be mad. As I turned around of my heels, Jax pulled me back close to him, his arms hanging loosely around my neck and my hands on his waist. I looked up and was looking right into his chocolate brown eyes.

"Words can't describe how beautiful you are."

***

Today is the day.

The day of our official first date as a couple.

I jumped out of bed almost immediately, slapping the alarm onto the ground, causing a loud clang as it hits the hard floor.