Chapter 37

"I like you Shailey Costello," he said and before I know it, his lips came crashing down on mine.

This wasn't the first time we kissed, it's the second one but it felt just like the first kiss.

It felt surreal, almost like a dream.

I felt butterflies in my stomach as my breath hitched in my throat.

Oh forget butterflies, I felt the whole damn zoo when we kissed.

His strong arms were wrapped around my waist as he pulled me closer to him without breaking away.

I stood on my tiptoes, my arms hanging around his neck loosely.

The kiss felt foreign at first, then slowly, it felt all too familiar as though we went back in time to first horror movie hangout. It was soft but passionate at the same time. I felt as though I was in a fairytale, living in a fairytale with only happy endings.

When we finally break away from one another, his chocolate brown eyes were boring right into mine, holding my eyes captive.

Our breathing was irregular as we drew in deep breaths.

A smile was hanging on his lips and my lips were curled upwards into a small smile too as we look into each other's eyes. Very cheesy, I know.

"You make me go crazy Shailey Costello."

"In a good way?"

"Yeah. You make my heart beat crazy fast every time we lock gaze. You make me go crazy thinking about you everyday. I don't understand how can someone be so beautiful and perfect. Or how could someone make me go crazy nervous," he paused to make sure I was looking right into his eyes and interlaced his fingers with mine. "I'm crazy for you Shailey Costello. "

"I think I'm more crazy for you," I whispered and let out a small chuckle.

"You are such an adorable little thing," he cooed as he squished my cheeks.

"Just because we kissed, doesn't mean you are allowed to do this you know," I said as I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Of course I can," he said smugly and leaned in for another kiss.

"Oh my god, stop kissing me!"

"You can't stop me from doing so!" He yelled as I ran away from him, letting out peals of laughter, breaking the silence of the quiet night.

I didn't run far until Jax wrapped his arms around my torso from behind me.

"You ain't going anywhere Costello," he said and I could hear a hint of mischief in his deep voice. "You are mine now muahahahaha."

"Why are you laughing like that?"

"Did you not want me to kiss you?"

"Well, I ran away just-" I was cut short when he turned me around to face him and of course, we are kissing again.

"You better get used to this," he told me as a smirk morphed itself onto his lips.

"You are so crazy Jax Merico," I teased.

"I'm only crazy for my girl," he said with a wink and my heart went all crazy just like when we kissed.

A/N:
Hey y'all! super sorry for the 5 mths late update but here it is!! I know this is super short but I am going to update the next chapter real soon! I feel that it won't flow as smoothly so I had to update it as a separate chapter! Writer's block and school work along with exams had been killing me but here I am! I'm sort of free for now so I may be updating more often!

Thanks for all the support you guys have given me so far, I really appreciate every single one of my reader!

Don't forget to leave a comment telling me what else do you want to see in future chapters and leave a vote of you enjoy it! 😘

Much love,
Rachel xoxo