Bonus Chapter {three}

Dedicated to all my lovely readers

"Babe, could you get me my file?" Jax asked as he was busy reading files after files of documents. I watched as he took a sip of his coffee before setting it down carefully on the table. "I think I left it on the bedside table in our room," he informed, his eyes still fixated on the piles of papers scattered across his desk.

"Yeah, no problem."

I stood up from the couch I was sitting on and headed to our room. I let my eyes scanned the area and they soon landed on a thick looking file with papers poking out everywhere. Cautiously, I grabbed the file and held it in my arms. Just as I was making my way to Jax, I felt something slipped out from the file and fell to the ground.

I bent down, picking the pieces of paper up to see that they were two tickets to Paris. "Oh my god!" I exclaimed out of excitement as I examined the tickets I held in my hand.

"What is it?" Jax asked and it suddenly hit me that maybe these tickets are meant for his business trip. I slapped my hand over my mouth before I quickly cleared my throat and played it cool.

"Nothing," I said almost immediately, stuffing the tickets back into the black file. "So you are heading to Paris huh? For a business trip?" I asked nonchantly once I reached his side, pretending as though I didn't just freaked out a minute ago.

He let out a deep chuckle. "Yeah," he replied. "Why are your cheeks so red?" He pointed out and I quickly covered the sides of my face.

"No they aren't." I was clearly embarrassed. Any hope and excitement of going to Paris with Jax soon faded away as those words tumbled out of his mouth. When he didn't say a word, I quickly turned on my heels as I was ready to leave.

But just as I was about to go, Jax pulled me back by my forearm and spun me around so that I'm facing him. "I'm joking Shai."

"Huh?" I was confused but I watched as Jax had a slight smirk etched onto his face.

"We are going to Paris! Surprise babe!"

"Are you serious? Oh my god, you are the best!" I jumped up and down like a kid who had just gotten candies and presents. I hugged Jax tightly, my arms snaked around his waist as I buried my face in his chest. "I can't believe you remember after all these years."

"Of course I do, I made a promise to bring you to Paris Shai. I'm not planning to break it. I have been saving up for a long time." We locked eyes and I could see the corners of his lips twitched upwards into a big smile. "I'm just really glad you are happy." He pulled me closer to him if that's even possible.

A wide grin spread across my face as I enjoyed the moment of just us in our own little world.

"Well what are you waiting for? Pack your stuff, we are leaving tomorrow night!"

I couldn't sleep that night as my head was filled with thoughts and images of Paris I saw online. I was bubbling with excitement and joy and I just couldn't contain it no matter how hard I try. It felt as though I just downed dozens of cups of coffee where I'm high on caffeine. All I did was to toss and turn around, squeezing my eyes shut tightly as I forced myself to go to sleep.

I woke up extra early in the morning, a few hours earlier than usual. It wasn't necessary though, our flight was scheduled to be at night, after dinner.

I hurriedly gobbled down some cereal I found sitting in the cupboard before rushing to wake Jax up. "Jax! Wake up!" I exclaimed as I shook his shoulders vigorously in an attempt to wake him up. "We are going to be late!"

He grumbled, reluctantly turning over as his eyes slowly flutter open. He instinctively reached out for the alarm clock by his side, squinting his eyes as he checked the time.

"What do you mean we are going to be late? It's 8am and our flight is scheduled at 915pm," he said grogily as he rubbed his tired eyes.

"Well..." I trailed off. "I couldn't sleep alright? I'm just too excited. I have been dreaming of this for years!" I announced before falling onto the bed beside Jax dramatically.

"You are such a drama queen," he remarked as the corners of his lips twitched upwards into a small smile.

I immediately flipped my body around so that I'm facing him now. Our faces only inches apart. "I'm serious!"

He chuckled.

"You are such a kid."

"Hey mister. I'm a grown woman," I retorted, sitting back up as I straightened my posture. I had my arms crossed over my chest as I stared down at an amused Jax.

"Kid."

"No."

"Kid," he repeated daringly, as a smirk morphed itself onto his lips.

"That's it!" I launched myself on him like the crazy woman I am as I tried to poke him at his sides, tickling him.

"Shailey!" He yelled out loud in shock as he tried to squirm away but I only attacked him mercilessly. Peals of laughter escaped his lips and filled the room.

Just as I thought I won, Jax somehow flipped me over. And now, he had me pinned underneath him.

I struggled to get up but to no avail. "This is not fair," I muttered under my breath as soon as I gave up.

"Too bad, life isn't fair. And now you will regret what you just did," he said as he cackled like an evil queen. I just thought that maybe I made him to watch too much Disney.

I scrunched my nose together. "No."

"No?" He repeated, his eyebrows knitted together in confusion. Before he could say another word, I lifted my head slightly off the bed and planted a small kiss square on his lips. "What was that for?" He asked, cocking an eyebrow at me.

"For being the best husband in the world."

A/N:
Hey guys! Thank you so so much for 181k!! I dk how you guys did it but you are amazing and I love you ❤️ I hope you enjoy this chapter as much as I do!

Do you still remember the promise Jax made to Shailey about bringing her to Paris? Well, he didn't forget!

Also, let me know if you would like a chapter on Austin's pov!

Don't forget to vote, comment and share if you like it! Your support means the world to me 😊

Much love,
Rachel xo