Chapter 10

"We all have big dreams don't we? That's what we all have in common."

"You know what we have in common now?"

"What?"

"Like getting chase by police officers."

It was only then I heard the loud wailing sound of the sirens from afar.

"Shit! What are we going to do?"

I felt a surge of panic and fear rushed through me as the sound of sirens became louder and louder as time ticked by.

"Run," he said as his lips twitched upwards into a smirk.

He held onto my wrist and pulled me through the back alley, away from the police.

"Stop right there!" I heard the police officer yelled from behind.

We quickened our pace and continued running like there was no end to this. I could feel my legs burning with each step I took.

"Get inside!"

"What? In the dumpster?"

"Yes! Come on! I will help you."

Austin grabbed me by my underarms and carried me into the bin.

I watched as he climbed inside swiftly afterwards and shut the lid.

Darkness enveloped us as the stench of rubbish surrounded us.

I pinched my nose in disgust and kept still.

"Shailey, you alright?" I heard Austin whispered next to me.

"Yeah," I whispered back. "Do you think they are gone?" I asked softly as I looked into a dark space.

"Search this area!" I heard the police officer boomed from outside, making my heart skip a beat.

It was almost as if he was just standing right outside. I guess he was.

All of a sudden, the police officer lifted up the lid and light started to enter the bin.

A bead of sweat trickled down my forehead as I held my breath in fear of being caught.

I could feel my heart beating like it was out of control.

I felt a hand interlocked with mine, giving my hand a little squeeze, calming me down effectively.

I just smiled even though he can't see me right then, but I smiled at that gesture.

A banana peel came hurling in a second later, landing on my head and the lid was shut once again.

"Sir, no one is here."

"Alright then. Let's move."

The sound of their foot steps slowly faded away and I felt a wave of relief washed over me at that instant.

I lifted the lid a little and my eyes scanned the area.

"We are clear," I informed Austin as I pushed open the lid even further so it rests on the wall behind.

"Great."

He stood up and carried me out of the bin once again before he got out.

Once the both of us were out, standing in front of the bin, our eyes connected for a moment but no one said anything.

"You got something on your head," Austin said, breaking the silence. He reached forward to take the banana peel off my head.

"Thanks," I said as I looked at him and let out a soft chuckle. "So what now?"

***

"Mmm, it's so good," I said as I took one spoonful of strawberry blonde ice cream into my mouth. I leaned back into the chair and let out a contented sigh. "This is one of my favourites from Cold Stone."

"I can tell," Austin said as he let out a chuckle.

"Hey! What does that suppose to mean?" I protested with pouted lips.

"Nothing..." he teased.

"Tell me!" I demanded as I glared at him playfully.

"Fine," he said as he flipped his hair to the side. "I could tell by the way you skipped into the place and ordered your strawberry blonde ice cream. Happy now?" he asked, pretending to be angry.

"Oh, very," I responded with a smirk on my face as I leaned back into my chair.

I scooped some whipped cream from the plate and let a smirk morphed itself onto my lips.

I watched as Austin eyed me with suspicion evident in his bright blue eyes. He started to lean back into his chair a little as I leaned forward.

In one swift move, I reached over the tiny table and smashed that tiny bit of whipped cream onto his face.

He gasped in shock as he looked at me with mischief twinkling in his eyes.

"Shit! I knew it! I had that coming," he said out loud as he looked into my eyes.

Before I know it, he reached forward and drew a long line across my fore head with his sharpie.

"Austin!" I exclaimed as I glared at him playfully while he merely shrugged with a cheeky grin on his face.

As I wanted to get my revenge, I reached over the table, causing the whole table to topple over.

There goes my ice cream.

I thought sadly.

"Hey!" A loud voice boomed all of a sudden, causing the both of us to turn around to look at a very angry owner.

"Opps," I mumbled under my breath as Austin stifled a laugh.

"Two of you! What do you think you are doing?" The owner walked towards us and eyed us with disapproval as he had his arms crossed over his chest.

Before I had the chance to say anything, Austin spoke up.

"We are so sorry sir. We were just goofing around. We will clean up this mess," Austin assured the owner with a smile.

"Alright," the owner spoke a little softer this time.

I watched as he walked back to counter and grabbed two mops and a bucket of water.

"Here you go," he muttered before walking away to attend to another customer.

I took the mop from his hands and so did Austin.

The both of us looked at each other with smiles plastered across our faces and we started laughing.

"Come on, let's get cleaning," I said as I swung the mop around.

"Yup!" Austin exclaimed excitedly as he started mopping the floor that was stained with ice cream and whipped cream.

I laughed softly at how excited he looked and started mopping the floor as well.

"You are adorable Austin," I commented and regretted it instantly.

"What?"

"Nothing!" I exclaimed way too quickly.

"Really?" He asked as he raised an eyebrow at me as if he thought otherwise.

"Uh huh," I muttered under my breath and fixed ny eyes on the floor while I continued mopping.

"Because I think you are adorable too."

A/N:
Heyyy guysss! :) What do you think of this chapter? Austin thinks Shailey is adorableeee hehe

Don't forget to vote, comment and fan if you like this chapter! ♥

Much love,
Rachel xx