Chapter 27

Kelsi and I had one of our best day out even when we were just in my back yard, pretending to be on the beach.

Really, it's not the place, it's the people you are with. The right person, the right people can make your day the best one yet even at the shittiest of place.

I really appreciate what Kelsi did for me and I don't know how I can thank her other than a simple "thank you" that wouldn't seem enough.

All of a sudden, someone's phone started to ring, making me jump a little.

It's Kelsi's phone.

"Hello?" She answered then I watched as her smile turned into a frown almost immediately. "Okay I will be there soon."

"Did something happen?" I asked, concerned.

"Nah, my mum wants me to baby sit my little sister. Sorry I have to go," she said with a sad face.

It was then I remembered that Aunt Elizabeth will be here to drop off my little cousin Joseph at any moment.

"Oh, it's okay. I appreciate what you have done for me. Really," I said truthfully and gave her a bright smile.

"Let me help you clear this up first. What kind of friend am I if don't help right?" She said, laughing. Her laughs always managed to cheer me up in some way.

"You would be a horrible one," I joked.

***

"See you soon?"

"See you soon Kels." I pulled her into a hug before she left.

Soon after Kelsi left my house, I heard a car pulled up to park right outside my house.

"Must be Aunt Elizabeth," I mumbled to myself. I opened the door to reveal Aunt Elizabeth and cousin Joseph standing beside her with an innocent smile on his face.

"Hey Aunt Elizabeth!" I greeted with a smile to which she returned.

"Hey Shailey, thanks so much for helping me babysit Joseph. I'm just so busy lately you know? It's crazy. Here's some money," she said, stuffing 50 bucks in my hands.

"Oh no, it's okay Aunt Elizabeth."

"I insist."

"Alright then," I said, then proceed to stuff the 50 dollar note into my back pocket.

"Anyway, I got to run, thanks Shailey."

She bend forward to give Joseph a kiss on his cheek before she left.

I watched as Aunt Elizabeth got into the car and drove away while Joseph and I wave her good bye.

"So what do you want to play?" I asked, bending down to his height.

"I want to play hide and seek!" He suggested with an adorable smile as his voice went a notch higher. "Can I be the seeker?" He asked, tilting his head to the side slightly.

"Of course. Remember to count to 10!"

"Okie!"

I watched as he walked clumsily over to face one of the walls and started counting away with his hands covering his eyes.

"1...2..."