Chapter 44

"What are you trying to say?" I heard my mum yelled from downstairs while I locked myself in my room.

They are arguing. Again.

I lay on my bed, tired of wrecking my brain to solve this calculus question I was stuck at for almost 30 minutes.

I grabbed my phone and earphones from the table and plugged in my earphones, in attempt to shut myself out from this world and escape into another dimension.

The noise and my over worked brain don't go well together.  I rolled my eyes, tired of listening to their endless argument. I let my eyes flutter shut as I increased the volume of the music.

But it did not seem to be working at all.

I could still hear clearly what my mum and dad were screaming at each other.

I let myself drift away to another world as the thought that everything is going to be okay linger at the back of my mind. But I know it won't be and it's nothing close to being okay despite how much it kept telling myself in my head.

"Oh my god! What were you thinking?" Mum shouted yet again and a loud thud made me jump as my eyes shot wide open.

Deciding that enough is enough, I pushed open my door and stomped downstairs. My fists were clenched together so tightly that it turned pale. Upon reaching the living room, the huge mess caught my eye.

Pillows that were once on the couch were thrown all over the floor, landing at the side of dad's feet. A couple of magazines were strewn all around, each a few feet away from another. To say the place was in a mess is an understatement.

"Mum! Dad! What's going on?" I yelled, effectively stopping the heated argument between the two. I looked between the both of them, my eyebrows were furrowed together in confusion as my body shook with boiling anger and frustration.

Almost instantly, the house fell silent, so silent that I could hear myself breathing heavily, my heart thumping against my chest.

The both of them turned to look at me, a mixture of emotions written on their faces, but it was obvious that their anger was subsiding.

Silence stretched between the three of us as we stared at one another, no one muttering a word.

"So?" I prompted with a raised eyebrow, unable to take this silence anymore. I need answers, now.

"Shailey, we need to talk," mum spoke as she drew in a deep breath, her voice softer than usual. She gestured for me to go over as she took a seat on the couch.

I walked over to where mum was seated, with dad standing a few feet away, his arms crossed over his broad chest.

"We are moving, Shailey," she informed, her voice shaky. Tears threatened to fall from her eyes and for a moment I felt bad watching mum holding her tears back as best as she could.

Those few words echoed in my mind for the longest time. I stared into blank space as those few words repeated in the back of my mind like a broken record I can't fixed.

This can't be happening. This must be a nightmare.

I pinched my arm so hard that a bruise formed almost instantly, I wanted so bad to get out of this nightmare. But nothing changed. It was then I realised all of these is a reality.

"We are moving? Again?" I asked in disbelief. Saying it out loud sounded much more ridiculous than it did in my head. "What do you mean?" I asked, still unable to believe or accept what I just heard.

"We are moving to granny's house in Boston in a few weeks time. This arrangement is only temporary. That's all." This time it was dad who spoke, filling me with all the details that I was too mad to care about.

"That's all? Are you kidding me? Boston is over thousand miles away from Miami!"

"Shailey... I know this is hard for you. Leaving your friends behind, changing schools every few months, I know it's not easy. But dad's company is in debt right now and we need to sell the house to pay for the debt."

"If you know it's hard, then why do you keep doing it?" Tears were burning my eyes as I took in deep breaths to calm myself down. I bit on my bottom lip so hard it drew blood.

"Shailey..."

"I can't be the girl who keeps moving around. Leaving behind all my friends and everything else is definitely not an easy task. Going to a whole new school every now and then, trying so hard to fit in, that ain't easy too. I can't be that girl anymore. I'm not as strong as you think I am. Maybe sometimes I just can't move on so quickly and forget everything here." I said, my voice weaker than I expected, I thought I was going to fall apart. One tear managed to escaped no matter how hard I tried to hold it back. I know it's only a matter of seconds before all the tears start to flow down uncontrollably.

I turned on my heels immediately, ignoring my parents' desperate calls for me to stay. I quickly made my way back to the comfort of my room and slammed the door with as much force as I could muster.

I fell flat onto my bed and let my tears flow freely. My pillow became damp from my tears as the sound of my cries reverberated throughout my room. My body shook with anger and from the loud sobs involuntarily.

"Shailey! Open the door!" I heard mum yelled from the other side of the door as she pounded on my door furiously. But I wouldn't let her in, not even Jax. All I want right now is to be alone.

I can't believe I'm moving all the way to Boston, moving away from my friends, from everything here in Miami. Maybe I like it here and I don't ever want to leave, at least not right now. Not when I'm with Jax.

I'm not ready to say goodbye just yet, not even in a few weeks time. After all I'm just a 17 year old teenage girl.

A/N:
Oh no, bad news for Shailey :( Can't believe she has to move, again. Are you expecting this? How is Jax going to deal with this? Will their relationship fall apart?

Do stay tune to find out!

Don't forget to vote, comment and share if you enjoy this chapter!! 😊😊 Next chapter will up soon! I'm working on it 💓💓💓

Have a lovely day!

Much love,
Rachel xoxo