Chapter 16

"Oh my god! JAX! Slow down!" I yelled at the top of my lungs whilst tightening my grip around his body as he raced down the streets. "Are you out of your mind?"

"Maybe," he said with a mere shrug and I watched as a smirk morphed itself onto his lips from the rear mirror. And that was when he accelerated, full speed ahead, making me shut my eyes tightly.

My eyes slowly fluttered open when I realised that we were slowing down. I let my eyes wander around, scanning the foreign and unfamiliar surroundings.

"Jax?" I called out to which he responded with a "yeah?"

"Are you sure we are heading in the right direction?"

"We are definitely not heading in the right direction babe," he said with a playful wink, making me knit my eyebrows together in confusion.

"What?"

"I just wanted to show you something amazing," he said as his lips stretched into a smile.

Just as he finished saying that sentence, the motorbike came to a stop.

Instantly, I found myself surrounded by a beauty so surreal. The lake in front of my eyes glistened under the bright sunlight as the sun rays bounce off the water surface.

Brightly coloured Autumn leaves were scattered across the ground, the gentle cool breeze blowing at my face and hair.

A small wooden bench was found sitting daintily at the far end of the lake while a swing is hanging by a strong, thick branch at the side.

"Jax... This is beautiful," I said as I let a smile fall on my face, my eyes continued to scan the surroundings.

"I know, that's why I brought you here. Come on," he said as he pulled me by my forearm, heading towards the direction of the swing and bench.

I blushed a little at the touch and tried to hide my smile, which doesn't seem to be working very well.

I sat down on the swing and Jax started to push me gently from the back. I let the swing take me higher and higher, my feet lifted off the ground.

Staring at the amazing scenery ahead of me, a bright smile was etched on my face. Swans were swimming around in the lake and the sound of the gentle breeze filled the air.

"This is fun," I mumbled softly under my breath as Jax continued to push me from the back.

"I'm glad you like it, are you ready for part 2?" He asked and I turned around to see that he had his signature smirk on his face.

"Part 2?" I asked, my eyes widened a fraction.

"Yep, you heard right."

"What is it?" I asked as curiosity swirled within me like a crazy hurricane.

"That I can't say," he replied with a mischievous wink. "You will find out once we get there!" He chirped excitedly like a kid who got his candy.

"What? But why?" I asked with a small pout on my face.

"Aw Costello, did you think by being all cute would help?" He said as he pinched my cheeks to which I responded by whacking him in his arm.

"Maybe," I said with a smirk of my own.

"Unfortunately that is pretty true. I shall not look at your face for now," he said with a laugh and turned his head away from me. "Hop on," he instructed as he gestured to the motorbike.

"Not again."
***
"Really Jax?"

"What?"

"Of all movies, you got to choose to watch Conjuring 2? CONJURING 2?" I asked as I grabbed his arm and stared in this eyes.

"Well why not?" He asked as he raised an eyebrow at me as he continued to stuff his face with the salted popcorn. "It's not even that scary."

"I'm terrified. Absolutely terrified." I stated honestly as I played with the hem of my shirt. "I watched the trailer and I almost died of heart attack," I exaggerated.

"I know," he said simply with a mere shrug and this time, he was sipping on his drink. "I was there, remember?"

"This is unbelievable," I said with a loud scoff.

"Of course it's unbelievable that you are hanging out with the Jax Merico." He paused for a second before he continued. "You are currently with the hottest, handsomest, smartest, bestest guy in the world."

And yes, he winked, again.

I sighed loudly and shook my head in disapproval.

"Bestest is not even a word," I muttered under my breath.

"I know smarty pants. But it shall be for me."

Silence stretched between the both of us for a brief moment as we made our way to the movie theatre, before Jax broke the silence.

"I wanted to make it up to you, remember? That time when I ditched you in the library?"

"Of course I remember..." I mumbled as the memory of me sitting alone in the library flashed past in my mind for a short moment. "And this is your way of making it up to me?" I asked, incredulous.

"To be fair, I showed you my sanctuary earlier. So it's only fair now that I see you get all scared and terrified over a stupid horror movie."

"How is that fair?" I demanded. "You suck."

I snatched the box of popcorn out of his hands and stuck my tongue out at him. I then proceeded to grab a handful of my favourite salted popcorn and stuff it into my mouth. 

"You suck? That's all you got?"

"Well yeah..." I mumbled and sipped on my ice lemon tea.

"Loser."

"What did you say?" I asked even though I heard him the first time.

"I said you were a loser," he said with an evil- looking smile on his face as he ruffled my already messy hair.

"Jax whatever your middle name is Merico. You are officially dead."

A/N:
Hey guys!! I'm back with another update! I'm really trying my best to update when I can but with promos coming up very soon, I'm afraid it might be quite difficult. But I will try my best to update whenever possible! I hope you guys understand! :)

Anyway, this is not the end of their hang out ;) There is definitely more to come, so look out for it in the next chapter! :D

Don't forget to vote, comment and fan if you like this chapter! I would really appreciate it! <3

QOTD: What do you think of their hang out so far? hehe feel free to leave a comment!

Much love,
Rachel xx