Chapter 18

"So what now?" I asked as I scanned the empty hallway. I tugged at the sleeves of my shirt and hugged my bag closer to me as the cold air blew at me.

I scolded myself mentally for leaving my jacket at home.

"Are you feeling cold?" Jax asked after a while.

"Yeah, kind of."

"Here, take this," he said with a smile as he handed me a large jacket.

I looked at him for a moment, shocked at his kind gesture. I hesitated for a moment, staring at the large grey jacket in front of me.

"Shailey?" Jax prompted as he waved the jacket in my face.

"Oh right..." I mumbled under my breath before I took the jacket from him.  "Thanks," I spoke with a smile on my face and quickly put the jacket on. 

I rolled the sleeves up a little as it was too long for me, pulling the jacket close to me and instantly I felt so much warmer. The smell of his cologne was pretty strong from his jacket.

It smelt like a mix of mint and a hint of vanilla.

I quickly shook that thought off my head as I thought it would be weird to be breathing in the smell of Jax's jacket.

It's weird right?

Strolling down the hallway, I stuffed my hands into the pockets to keep my hands extra warm.

All of a sudden, Jax had his arm around me and he pulled me closer to him.

"What... what are you doing?" I asked, stuttering like the idiot I am and I mentally slapped myself for that.

"Aren't you cold?" He asked as he raised an eyebrow at me.

"Yeah, a little."

"Well, I'm helping to keep you extra warm," he replied simply with a small smile as continued to walk down the hallway.

As we continued to walk in silence with Jax's arm around me, I noticed his eyes scanning the surroundings.

A little disappointment swirled in me as he took his arm off my shoulder and walked towards a random door and pushed it open slightly.

I watched as he peeked through the small gap, clueless of what he was doing or looking for.

"Jax? What are you-"

"Come here," he gestured, as he motioned for me to go over.

I walked to him slowly and he grabbed me by my wrist all of a sudden, pulling me into the movie theatre.

We found a some empty seats at the back of the movie theatre and settled down quickly.

"Are you sure this is okay?" I asked as soon as we settled down in our seats.

A million questions were running wild in my head and it was driving me insane. I mean I had never broken any rule or law in my life, this is almost there. One wrong move, and in dead.

"What if the security guard noticed? Or what if we got caught? What if we-"

"Hey, it's okay alright? Live a little," Jax assured with a slight smirk on his face. "Don't tell me this is your first time sneaking into a movie theatre?" He asked, quirking an eyebrow at me, as he probably noticed how pale my face was.