Chapter 26

The weekends roll by quicker than I thought. The memories from last night were still fresh in my mind.

Events from yesterday night was stuck in my head and I can't seem to get them out. Mum's vicious words about Jax were also replaying in my mind like a broken record that I can't seem to fix.

I tried to shut that part of my mind out but nothing seemed to work for me. I wanted so badly to push and keep everything in a large chest box and lock it away to the back of my mind then throw the key into the Pacific Ocean.

But I can't. And I don't know why.

It sucks.

I made plans to hang out with Kelsi this weekend but I had to cancel it just because I'm grounded.

I'm suppose to be out there, laying by the beach on my one of those beach chairs with my sunglasses on and a book in my hands while I enjoy the summer breeze, the sun and the sea.

I was supposed to be having fun with Kelsi, but instead, I'm stuck at home, staring at my ceiling, thinking things.

"Shailey?" I heard mum called from downstairs, making me perk up a little. I wanted so badly to ignore her just because I'm mad at her for saying those false things about Jax and for grounding me, but I didn't.

"What is it?" I answered, still laying on my bed.

"Can you please come down here for a moment?"

"Yeah, yeah," I mumbled and made my way down to the living room area.

I looked at mum and dad standing by the door, dressed as if they were leaving for work, which was weird because they don't work on weekends.

It was then I realised that there were two relatively small luggages right next to them.

"What? You guys are leaving again?" I asked, shocked that they didn't tell me about this sooner.

"Yes. We are just going to be gone for a few days. We have work to do. Do take care of yourself while we are gone. Also, Aunt Elizabeth will be dropping off Joseph here later for you to baby sit. We will be back soon," mum informed as she gave me a light peck on my cheek.

"Take care darling," dad said as he gave me a kiss on my temple before leaving.

I watched as the both of them stepped into the car and drove away, disappearing into the busy streets.

So here I am, left alone all again.

Just like every other time, they would leave me alone without saying much. I hated it.

I remember when I was younger my parents would drop me off at Aunt Elizabeth's house when they were out of town.

I remember how I wanted to spend more time with them but they were always so busy with work, we rarely had any quality time together.

And now, as I grow older, it gets worse. With my busy schedule and their busy schedule, no one has time for the other.

I think stupid random thoughts when I'm left alone with nothing to do and well that sucks. It sucks big time.

All of a sudden, I heard a loud knock on the door and I went to open it, assuming that it was either mum or dad.

But it was neither. It's Kelsi.

She was dressed in a bright yellow sundress with her shades on. In her hands, she was holding a large bag of god knows what.

"Hey Shai!" She greeted with a cheerful smile as she pulled me into one of her bear hugs.

"Oh hi Kels," I greeted with a smile of my own. "What are you doing here?" I asked, curious. "But I'm happy you are here though," I quickly added.

"Well, I figured since you are grounded and we can't go to the beach like we planned, I'm bringing the beach to you! That way, you are still in your house," she said with a wink.

"Of course, genius."

"Are your parents home?" She asked as she peered inside.

"Nope," I said popping the 'p'. "They just left, they are out of town for a couple of days."

"Oooh, then why don't we just go to the beach?"

"I can't, I already disappoint them enough," I said, looking down at my feet.

"Oh, I'm sorry for suggesting that Shailey," she apologised, placing a hand on my shoulder as she looked into my eyes.

"No it's okay, you don't have to apologise," I said with a smile that didn't quite reach my ears. "Oh come on in," I quickly said as soon as I realised that we were both standing by the door.

"So why don't we have our beach day out at your back yard? I brought a sunblock, food and everything!"

"Sure," I exclaimed with a laugh as the both of us headed to the back yard.

I watched as Kelsi opened the basket to reveal lots of delicious looking food and a large bottle of sunblock indeed.

I dragged two beach chairs from the side and a tiny table and placed it right in the middle of our back yard.

We placed the food on the tiny table and lay towels on the make shift beach chairs. Kelsi took her phone and played a calming sound of the sea crashing against the rocks. She even went to the extend of pouring some fake sand she got from a random craft store on the grass.

Laying on the chair with my sunglasses on while the sun was shining down on us, I closed my eyes. And it really felt like I was on the beach with my bestie.

The hot sun, the cooling breeze and even the sound of the big sea crashing against the shore.

"This is why I love you," I said. "Thanks for doing this Kels," I turned to look at her with a genuine smile on my face.

"No problem bestie."

A/N:
So I thought what Kelsi did for Shailey is just so sweet ❤️

I'm posting this at 330am because I forgot it was Friday oh god Rachel

Anyway, don't forget to vote, comment and share if you like this chapter! 😊

Much love,
Rachel xx