Chapter 19

The kiss last night was in my head all day and I can't seem to get it out of my mind no matter how hard I try.

I tried everything, really. I tried watching television, reading a book, listening to music but somehow, I will be reminded of that kiss.

How did I feel about it? I don't know. Do I like him? Did my heart beat really quickly when we kissed? I can't remember, everything seemed to be in a blur.

"Yo, Shailey!" I heard a familiar voice called out to me, breaking my train of thoughts effectively.

"Huh?" I looked up to see that Kelsi was staring at me, her perfectly groomed eyebrows were furrowed together. "What?"

"Stop smiling to yourself like an idiot," she said with a giggle. "People are staring," she leaned forward a little and whispered in my ear.

"Are you serious?" I asked as I widened my eyes a little. I turned to scan the surroundings and realised that indeed some people are staring at me with a judgement look on their faces. I felt my face turned red and quickly turn to look at Kelsi who had one eyebrow raised.

"Care to tell me what you are smiling about?" She asked, leaning back into the chair and crossed her arms across her chest. Her bright and curious eyes were staring right into mine.

"It's nothing much..." I mumbled to myself and found myself thinking about the kiss again. Flashbacks from yesterday flashed before my eyes for a few moments.

I thought about how he held me in his arms, how his lips touched mine gently yet with so much passion.

"Erm... Shailey? You are smiling to yourself again. And you are blushing too," Kelsi pointed out.

"I am?" I asked and quickly covered my face.

I watched as she nodded with a cheeky smile on her face.

"Well? I'm waiting."

"Okay okay. We kissed. We as in Jax and I."

"WHAT?" She exclaimed loudly in excitement, making everyone around us to turn to look at us.

"Kelsi! Not so loud please."

"I'm sorry," she said with a sheepish grin on her face. "Wait... So you and Jax kissed? Oh my god. How? When? Where?" She asked, leaning forward, curiosity swirling in her eyes.

"Well... To be honest, I don't know. Everything happened so quickly. We were just in the car after our date, I guess. He was just looking into my eyes and then he kissed me. That's all," I mumbled the last two words and sunk into my chair.

"Wow. This is... this is crazy. He totally likes you and you like him too!"

"Kelsi! I...I..." My mouth opened and closed for a few moments, like a fish gaping for air on land.

"Is that not true?" She asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

"I don't know... I'm confused about my own feelings. I don't know how I felt about that kiss. I don't know if I like him. Do I?"

***

I sat alone by myself on many of the empty bleachers. I looked out into the vast blue sky ahead of me and the big empty field that would normally be used for Football practice.

But no one was here, not a single soul. The whole place was empty and I had the whole field to myself.

That was probably because I snuck out of class since I couldn't even concentrate on anything.

My feelings were all over the place and I don't know how I'm feeling. I hated this. Why can't someone tell me how I'm feeling, I can't seem to figure this out on my own.

I let the cool wind blow at my face, caressing my face gently while the sun shine down on me.

As I sat there thinking about my feelings, thinking about everything that happened between me and Jax and Austin.

Somehow, Austin came into the picture and it confuses me even more than before. Do I like Austin? Do I like Jax? Or do I like none? I don't know. Somebody please tell me.

It was then, I heard someone called my name, making me look up almost immediately.

"Jax?" I asked, squinting my eyes a little to have a clearer look. Indeed it was Jax, he was walking towards me with a slight smirk on his face.

"What?" I asked and looked at him with a raised eyebrow as soon as he took a seat next to me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that too?" He mocked, quirking an eyebrow at me.

"I have things to sort out," I mumbled softly, but loud enough so that he could hear me.

"Like what?" He prompted, sliding closer to me in the process. He looked into my eyes, and I kept the gaze, letting silence stretched between the two of us.

"I need your advice."

And I watched as he nodded, asking me to continue.

"So... I am absolutely confused with my feelings right now. I don't know how I am feeling or how I am suppose to feel. Is there a rule to this?"

"Not really. But I guess you can tell. When you look at him, everyone else around you disappears. You embrace all of his flaws and accept him for who he is. You notice the little things about him, maybe like how he got a new watch. You heart starts to beat a little faster when you are around him. When he asks you 'how's your day' you could sit with them in a café and talk all day. He is on your mind all day. And when I say him all this while, you already have someone in mind."

He pauses for a short second as his hazel brown eyes bore into mine.

"Do you have anyone in mind?"

I think I do.

A/N:
Omg guys I'm so sorry for not updating in a month, I know this is insane. But other than having major writer's block, I'm also very busy with my school work especially since I have major exams coming up real soon.

I apologise for the lack of update but I will try my best to update when I can! :)

Anyway, feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you think! I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to vote, comment and fan if you like this chapter!

I'm actually really excited for the next few chapters! *squeals*