Chapter 2

"You are late," the teacher spat as he glared at me with distaste.

"I'm so so sorry Mr..." I trailed off and sneak a peek at my timetable. "Nigel," I quickly said and looked up to give him an apologetic look.

"Well, Miss Costello, being late on your first day is not exactly a good impression," he said as he pushed his glasses up to settle on the bridge of his nose.

"No, no please let me explain Mr Nigel," I pleaded as I looked into his emotionless eyes.

"There is no need for explanation. Obviously, you-"

"Fell into the school's fish pond," I interrupted in fear that he wouldn't let me explain myself. "Yes, I fell into the school's fish pond."

Laughter reverberated throughout the lab and it was only then did I realise that everyone in the room was staring at me.

I felt my cheeks flushed red as I was not used to all these attention.

"Quiet!" Mr Nigel yelled, making me jumped a little in shock as the class settled down. "You fell into the school's fish pond?" He questioned as he quirked an eyebrow at me.

More like someone pushed me in but that works too.

"It's true," I mumbled softly. " I had to change and all that's why I'm late," I explained, hoping that he would let it go.

"Okay..." He drawled as he eyed me with skepticism. "Go take a seat over there," he said as he gestured to an empty seat.

I let out a sigh of relief and slowly made my way to the seat next to a dark hair boy who had his earpiece on.

I watched as his dark hair flopped around messily as he bobbed his head to the music.

I pulled out the chair from underneath and settled down next to him.

"Hey," I called out as I leaned closer to him.

I frowned in response as he continued to bob his head to his music and ignored my presence.

"I said hey!" I repeated a little louder, causing a few students around us to look at me with disapproval before they returned to whatever they were doing. "Sorry," I mumbled as I shot them an apologetic look.

The dark hair boy took out his earpiece from one ear and looked at me with an annoyed look plastered across his face.

"What?" He snapped.

His dark hair was messily styled as he looked at me with his hazel brown eyes which were filled with annoyance and irritation.

He was dressed in a plain white shirt and a pair of dark wash demin jeans.

His high cheekbones and well-defined jaw line were oddly familiar.

All too familiar.

"You!" I yelled as I pointed an accusing finger at him. "You were that idiot that pushed me into the pond with your group of idiotic friends," I said as realisation dawned upon me and I glared at him.

Now I sure hope that looks could kill because I did be happy if he is 6 feet under.

"Really? Idiot is all you've got?" He mocked as he raised an eyebrow at me.

"Shailey Costello!" Mr Nigel boomed, causing the whole class to fix their eyes on me.

"Yes Mr Nigel?" I asked as I gulped inwardly.

"Start doing your assignment with Jax."

Oh, so this idiot's name is Jax.

I nodded in reponse and turned to see that Jax had his earpiece stuck into both his ears again.