Chapter 36

I stared at the blank piece of worksheet in front of me, frustrated that I couldn't solve this damn math question.

Math shall be the death of me.

I buried my head in my hair as I flopped onto my bed, decided to give up already.

"Math should go roll itself down a mountain," I mumbled under my breath as I kept my gaze fixed on the ceiling. Sometimes I wonder why I need math in my life. I mean other than the basic math, yeah that I get. But trigonometry? Integration?

I turned to look at the time, it's almost 11pm. I should probably get some sleep, I have been struggling to keep my eyes open.

My eyelids started to grow heavier with each second passing as the thought of math homework slowly slipped out of my mind. And soon I found myself engulf in darkness as I fell asleep.

It was then my phone started buzzing loudly on the study desk, making me jump out of bed in shock.

Cursing softly under my breath, I sat up to get the call, leaving my comfortable bed.

"Hello?" I answered groggily, a little annoyed as I blew out a puff of air.

"Hey, it's Jax."

"Jax?" I said aloud, surprised evident in my voice.

"Surprised?" He asked, his voice carried a tone of amusement.

Ignoring his question, I snapped at him, "What do you want?"

"I want to see you," he told me and then there was a short pause before he continued. "Right now," he added.

"Right now? Did something happen?" I asked as I started to get a little worried, thinking about what could possibly happen that made Jax want to see me right now.

"No cupcake," he teased and I frowned a little at that nickname. "I just needed to talk to you," sounding a little too serious, unlike his usual self.

"Like right now?" I asked, my eyes widening a fraction.

"Yes right now cupcake," he teased as he let out a deep chuckle.

"Alright then,but if I get caught by my parents, it's your fault. You know how they are with the curfews and everything," I told him, my mind already thinking of the possible scenarios of me getting caught with Jax late at night. It won't be pleasant.

"Yes Costello, now would you get dress and come find me? I'm right outside your house," he informed.

"Right outside my house? Man, you are crazy Jax," I said with a faint smile etched on my face before hanging up to get dress.

I throw on a simple shirt and shorts and grabbed a jacket in case it gets chilly outside.

Quietly and cautiously, I sneaked downstairs to see that my parents were both asleep.

The stairs seemed to hate me as it creaked with every step I take, making me cringe inwardly and crossing my fingers as I secretly pray that nobody heard that.

Somehow, I successfully made my way to the door without my parents waking up. I slowly pushed open the door to reveal Jax sitting by the door steps.

"Hey Jax," I greeted softly with a small smile as my eyes landed on his.

He quickly stood up and returned the smile. "Hey Shailey."

"So..." I drawled. "What do you want to see me for?" I asked as curiosity swirled within me while I looked at him intently.

"I just needed to talk to you," he said once again, his eyes full of emotions running wild.

"What is it regarding?"

"Can we leave that for later? I'm not quite ready," he answered honestly. "Let's just go walk for a bit shall we?"

"Why not?" I replied as my lips curled upwards into a smile.

We walked in silence, a comfortable one; under the stars and the moon light. The cool wind ruffled my already messy hair once again and I found myself tugging onto my jacket.

The calm and quietness of the night felt peaceful and surreal. I never really had the chance to do that since I had this strict curfew.

A smile was tugging at my lips as we walked together under the sky full of stars. The stars decorated the night sky in a way that made it stunning and beautiful.

The way the moonlight shone from above and the way the cool breeze blew made the night even better.

Suddenly, we were no longer walking ahead but came to a stop instead.

Jax turned to look at me in a way I have never really imagined.

His hands were interlaced with mine and I found my heart hammering against my chest, I thought it would break out any second.

"Jax what are you-"

"There's something I have been wanting to tell you for a long long time," he said as his chocolate brown eyes bored right into mine, his face held a serious expression and a little nervous.

I swallowed nervously and nodded lightly. "Sure, go ahead."

"I have been thinking about it for a long time and..." He paused as he looked down at our interlocked hands then took in a deep breath. "I think I really really like you Shailey Costello."

For a second I thought I was dreaming as my whole world came to a stop. My head felt light and dizzy as I could not believe what I just heard. I can't help but think that it was just a dream although I wish it wasn't.

And it wasn't. It's true.

I never thought that Jax Merico would fall for someone like me, ever. I wouldn't even dare to dream.

I found myself staring at Jax and thought that I should probably say something.

"Is it? Because I really really like you too," I admitted as my lips curved upwards into the brightest smile I had since awhile. "You better not be joking with me Jax."

"I'm not," he said with a cheeky smile. "I really like you and I just wanted you to know."

He stepped closer to me, pulling me close to him as his strong arms snaked around my waist.

"I like you Shailey Costello," he said once more before his lips came crashing down on mine.

A/N:
WOOOWWWW FINALLY?! I know I know, we have al been waiting for this moment.

Sorry for not updating this tues bcos I have been sick the past few days it's horrible, pls take care of yourself guys 🙆🏻💖

Feel free to tell me what you thought and don't forget to vote, comment and share if you enjoy this chapter! 🤗🤗

Much love,
Rachel xx