Chapter 17

As soon as we entered the movie theatre and settled down, the lights were dimmed and everyone became silent.

"Oh my god, oh my god," I mumbled under my breath, as my grip on the handle of the seat tightened a fraction. "It's starting."

The sudden loud noise startled me, making me scream a little as I jumped up from my seat in shock.

"It's just the advertisements Costello," he whispered into my ear, with a chuckle. Even in the dark, I can see that he had an evil grin on his face as mischief twinkled in his chocolate brown eyes.

"You know what, I can't do this, I think I'm gonna go," I spoke softly as I slowly stood up from my seat, longing to leave the cinema theatre.

"Gonna go? Where do you think you going?" Jax quickly grabbed onto my forearm as he quirked an eyebrow at me.

"I'm scared."

"That's no excuse. You ain't gonna leave this movie theatre, I'm here for you," he said sincerely.

I let out a soft sigh and settled back into my seat and tried to calm myself down as I watched the advertisement play.

"Hey, don't be scared alright?" Jax whispered to me as he squeezed my hand in his and let his hand rest on mine.

Almost instantly, I felt my heart beat slowing down and a smile fell on my face.

The movie started playing and I already found myself on the edge of the seat. The heart beat sound was not making it better as it echoed throughout the movie theatre.

I screamed at the top of my lungs as the face of the valak appeared on the big screen. Unknowingly, I clung onto Jax's arm for my dear life and buried my face in his chest. He had his arm wrapped around me, making me feel safe and protected.

"It's gone now," he assured and I slowly lifted my head up to look at the screen once again only to be greeted with yet another jump scare.

"Jax! How could you!" I yelled as I narrowed my eyes at him, causing the people around us to shush us.

In response, I gave them an apologetic smile but turned back to glare at Jax.

I grabbed a handful of popcorn and threw them at his face.

"Oh you think this is funny?" He asked as I chuckled softly. Before I had the chance to react, he picked up a handful of popcorn and threw it in my face as well.

I gasped and glared at him. I then proceeded to pick up the cup of ice lemon tea we had, wanting to pour it all over him.

Just as I was about to do so, Jax hit my arm, making me miss him by a few centimetres, but that's not the problem.

The real problem was that I might have accidentally spilled ice lemon tea all over someone else.

"Oh my god!" A shrill and loud voice broke the tensed silence.

I turned to see that a girl around our age, probably a few years older stood up in disgust as she frantically tried to wipe the stain off her white dress.

"Hey! You guys are blocking the screen!" Someone yelled from behind but was ignored anyway.

"Look at what you have done!" She squeaked. "This dress cost me over a hundred dollars! Are you going to pay for this?" She demanded as anger laced her voice.

"SHH!" Some of the people turned to look at us with disapproving looks plastered across their faces.

Beside her was a buff looking guy, a scar running down his arm. He stood up from his seat and glared at Jax and I before he turned to the girl.

"Clarissa, do you wanna go to the washroom to clean this up?"

"URGH!" She stormed off and that's when the buff guy turned to us and narrowed his eyes.

We quickly turned away, hoping to leave this place in one piece. I mean, the movie is not even important right now.

"Where do you two think you are going?"

I gulped audibly and beside me I heard Jax did the same too.

"No where," Jax muttered quickly, and as if we read each other's mind, the both of us tried to run out of the cinema.

However, I turned around to find Jax being held by his shirt by the buff guy, his face so close to his.

"Jax!" Just as I was about to run over, two security guards walked into the movie theatre.

When the buff guy saw the security guards entered, he immediately let loose of his grip.

And I quickly walked out of the cinema at that instant.

"You two! Out of the cinema! Now!" A loud voice boomed from inside, making me cringe a little.

I watched as the security guard dragged the Jax and the other guy out of the movie theatre. At a glance, I saw Jax stuffed some money into the guy's hand and gave him a firm pat on the back.

"I will let it go this time," the guy grumbled and walked away with Clarissa who came out a while later.

As they walked past me, Clarissa glared at me with her ice blue eyes and flipped her hair.

"You are lucky your boyfriend is smart," she said to me before walking away.

"He is not my... Never mind," I muttered to myself.

"Hey..." Jax slurred as he walked towards me with a sheepish smile.

The both of us looked into each other's eyes for a brief moment and started laughing.

"Oh my god, this is ridiculous," I managed to say in between laughter. I clutched onto my tummy and threw my head back as I continued to laugh, my cheeks already hurting.

Finally, our laughter died down and we lapsed into a comfortable silence.

"Sorry I ruin this for you," he mumbled under his breath all of a sudden, running one hand through his dark brown hair.

"No, you didn't," I said with a smile on my face. "It's okay. You shouldn't have paid that guy, it was my fault that her dress is stained."

"Well... Technically, if I didn't hit your hand, that wouldn't have happened."

"If I didn't start this whole childish thing-"

"Hey, it's okay alright. No big deal," he told me with his hand wrapped around my wrist and his lips curled into a smile.

I looked at him with a small smile of my own as silence stretched between as for a short moment.

"So what now?"

A/N:
Indeed, so what now? Can anyone guess what these two will be up to? ;D

Anyway, I hope you like this chapter and don't forget to vote, comment and fan if you like this chapter!! :D
Feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you think!

Much love,
Rachel xx