Chapter 21

We stepped into what I call heaven.

The cool breeze ruffled my already messy hair as soon as we stepped into the shopping mall.

The mall is filled with people, children's laughter and chatter. There were rows and rows of stores selling all sorts of things, ranging from shoes to clothes to toys to food.

I looked around and gasped in awe, and no doubt, I'm sure my eyes lit up. I turned to see that Kelsi had the same look on her face, it's almost like I'm looking into a mirror.

Once our eyes met, a big bright smile start to spread across our faces and excitement is boiling within the both of us.

We quickly made our way into one of the stores that caught our attention. The bright sparkles and well dressed mannequins stood out among the rest.

I looked up at the banner to see that it reads "SALE, up to 40%".

We entered what looked like an expensive boutique that sells exquisite looking dresses made of silk or basically anything expensive.

But before I even had the chance to take more than a few steps into the boutique, I watched Kelsi took off faster than Usain Bolt as she dashed towards god knows where.

"Shailey! Shailey! Oh my god! I found the perfect dress for you!" She squealed and jumped with excitement while holding it in her arm.

I looked at her, a little skeptical. Because from what I know, no one find the "perfect" dress in the first shop, and definitely not the first dress you see.

Kelsi probably noticed it and proceeded to extend her arms, holding the dress out further, giving me a fuller and clearer view than before.

That was the moment that hit me, telling me why she said that was the "perfect" dress.

I examined the dress, my eyes squinting to see every little detail of the dress in front of my eyes.

I took that dress from Kelsi's arm with a smile on my face and headed to the dressing room.

I put it on easily and found myself looking into the mirror.

It's a long, plain navy coloured dress that shows off my pale and clear shoulders. The dress fits me nicely at the top, showing off my figure as it flowed down from my waist, touching the floor.

I twirled one round, resulting in the light and soft silky material flowing along with my movement smoothly.

The dress glowed slightly under the bright yellow light, making me feel like a princess in this dress.

I pushed my hair to the front and tucked a piece of stray lock behind my ears. Smiling at my reflection for the last time, I headed out of the fitting room.

It was almost immediately I see Kelsi's eyes lit up, a smile spread across her face.

"Damn Shailey," she commented with a wink. "You look gorgeous."

I blushed a little at her compliment, looking down at my bare feet.

"Come on, I'm being honest. It's true," she reassured me with yet another small but genuine smile.

"Thanks Kels," I spoke softly, as I let a smile fall on my face. "I'm flattered," I said as I chuckled a little, along with Kelsi.