Chapter 35

Jax's POV
My mind was still occupied with what Shailey told me yesterday; that she doesn't care what her mum wants and that she wants to still be friends with me.

A small smile played on my lips unknowingly as I thought about how she cares for me or that how I'm important to her.

I was glad she talked to me and we went back to how we were before.

The loud ringing of the school bell reverberated thorough out the school, signalling the end of lessons and effectively breaking me out of my little reverie.

I tapped my fingers against my table impatiently, waiting for Mr Nigel to end his boring class. But instead, he continued to drone on and on about some molecules.

I grumbled loudly once it's past five minutes while narrowing my eyes at Mr Nigel.

He made eye contact with me and looked away as his lips curled upwards into a smug smile while he carried on with his lesson.

It was only after 8 minutes since lesson ended that he released us.

"That's it for today class," he announced and I quickly stood up, grabbing my already packed bag before walking out of class.

"Should have said that 8 minutes ago," I mumbled under my breath.

I walked out to see Shailey walking down the hallway alone, I took that opportunity and quickly rushed up to her.

"I need your help," I told Shailey but in reality, I just wanted to spend some time with her.

"Help in what?" She asked as she quirked a perfectly groomed eyebrow at me while keeping her arms crossed.

"Biology," I said as I gave her a lopsided grin. "I got a biology test tomorrow," I informed her and it was then I remember how she didn't take Biology.

I face palmed myself mentally for that stupid mistake but I wasn't going to let that stop me.

"But I don't take..." She started to which I cut her off by taking her tiny wrist in my hand and dragged her out of the school.

"Let's go!" I exclaimed excitedly with a bright smile on my face, giving her zero chance to say no.

"Jax what are you-"

"Get in the car," I demanded after I pulled open the car door for her.

"What am I? Your dog?" She asked, a little insulted as she raised an eyebrow at me.

"No, you are my bae," I replied then thought how it might be too soon for this. I panicked a little then quickly hide it with a playful wink, hoping she didn't catch me panicking.

I chuckled softly and heaved a sigh of relief knowing that she probably didn't notice my mini panic session when she responded with an eye roll.

"You suck Jax Merico," She commented childishly while making a face and sticking her tongue at me. I thought she looked cute.

"Oh really? Because you swallow," I retorted cleverly and lifted my head up a little, proud of my comeback.

"That's where you are wrong. I attract," She replied swiftly with a smug smile on her face. Shocked by her response, my mouth fell open a little.