Chapter 43

"Why must you choose the one with horror out of the many options?" I whined as we were stuck in the escape room. "You know, there is one with ninjas! We could have done that instead."

The room was designed to look like a creepy old room and we are suppose to somehow search for all the clues and get out of the room in an hour.

The room was lit with a dim red light. It reminded me of insidious, where the windows were painted red. Eerie music was playing in the back ground with occasional cries and laughter heard.

Fake spider webs decorated the place, along with dust.

Picture frames hung on the wall would fall from the wall mysteriously and furnitures will start to shake furiously. I wanted to get out of this place so badly. It's scaring the shit out of me.

If it wasn't for the red glow illuminating throughout the room, I would look as pale as a sheet of paper. I was clinging onto Jax the whole time, refusing to stay more than 1 metre away from him.

"Come on Shailey! This is fun!"

"No it's n-"

I let out a loud scream as something popped out of the drawer I just opened.

"What happened?" Concerned, Jax walked over from where the book shelf was to where I'm standing.

On impulse, I yanked the thing out from the drawer and threw it to the floor. "Die!" I yelled.

"Shailey! You can't just yank things out!" Jax exclaimed as his eyes widened a fraction.

"Do not yank things out of the stimulation," an announcement was made in a monotonous voice.

"Told you," Jax said, shrugging his shoulders as he cocked an eyebrow at me.

"I don't like this."

"Why not? It's fun."

"But it's scary," I whined like a five year old as I jutted out my bottom lip.

"Come here babe," he said and he slung his arm over my shoulders, pulling me close to him. "You got me Shailey. You don't have to be scared," he assured but my heart was still thinking loudly against my chest from the previous scare.

"But we only have 30 minutes left and we didn't solve anything."

"Well then, I really need your help now don't I?"

"Fine... I will help you."

"That's my girl," he said, ruffling my already messy hair.

"But!"

"But what?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowed together as he waited patiently for me to continue.

"I have to stick next to you."

"Sure," he said with a laugh which put a smile on face. Knowing that I will be next to Jax for the next 30 minutes without him asking me to look at somewhere else made me feel relief.

"Thank god."

"Now let's do this!"

"Yeah!" I exclaimed, matching his excitement as we scurried off to search the book shelves, certain that one of the clues must be hidden somewhere in there.

As I rummage through the lower book shelves with Jax checking the top ones, I finally come across something that could potentially be our next clue.

"Jax! I found it!" I jumped up in excitement, holding a golden key in my hand, it was stuck to the back of the book cover. "What do you think this is for?"

"Definitely not the way out. Maybe it's a tiny chest box hidden somewhere here."

"You will never find it," a creepy voice spoke from the speakers, it was suppose to be the spirit.

"Damn, that's creepy," I pointed out, scooting over to stay closer to Jax if that's even possible.

"You got me. There's nothing to fear."

Just as he finished his sentence the lights went off all of a sudden and we were engulfed in darkness. I can barely see a thing.

"Jax!" I cried out. "What's going on? Is this part of the game?" I asked, my voice laced with fear as I grabbed onto Jax's arms.

"I don't know..." He answered, confusion evident in his voice.

One thing I do know is that I hope that it's part of game, I don't want to be stuck in a dark room for hours.

"Announcement, we are currently experiencing technical difficulties. All rooms are temporarily shut down. Please stay calm and remain where you are. We will be providing assistance as soon as possible."

"No no no. This can't be happening!"

"Shailey, calm down," Jax said as he somehow found my shoulders and placed his hands on them. "Deep breathes okay?"

I listened and took in one deep breath, allowing myself to calm down a little. But it's not a magic pill, my heart is still jumping all around, I'm even starting to feel nauseous.

"I'm scared Jax," I muttered softly under my breath, pulling him closer to me. "I don't like the dark."

"I know babe, I'm sorry for forcing you into this. I thought this was a good idea. It's my fault we are stuck here."

"No! Don't apologise for nothing. I'm glad I get to spend time with you. That's all that really matters to me. Sorry for complaining so much just now," I told him with a sheepish smile even though he can't see me.

Around 15 minutes had passed and my eyes are starting to adjust to the darkness, now I'm able to see the shadow of Jax's face and the number of fingers I'm holding up.

"Shailey?" I heard Jax called out to me in the dark, and I turned to look at him.

"Yeah?"

"I really like you a lot."

That was probably the only time I like being in the dark. My cheeks were probably as red as a tomato and I'm glad Jax couldn't see it.

"Me too."

I pulled him closer to me by his shirt and let our lips meet once again. My arms were up in his thick dark hair as his arms were wrapped tightly around my waist, pulling me closer than ever before.

Our lips moved in sync as we kissed passionately, our hands moving up and down each other's bodies. Butterflies start to fill up my stomach like its the first time. With every touch, my skin tinkles like it's magic.

As we continued to make out in a dark room filled with fake spider webs and dust. it's weird now that I think about it.

Lights suddenly invaded my eyes and I blinked furiously, unused to the sudden brightness.

"The room is...oh."

My eyes widened a fraction with shock as the lady at the counter appeared in front of us. She looked in between us, quirking an eyebrow. I jumped away from him almost immediately.

We probably looked like a mess. Okay who am I kidding, we definitely look like a mess.

"Have fun," the lady said with a wink before leaving us alone. "25 minutes before the game ends!" She added before leaving.

"Thanks!" Jax shouted back as he leaned in for another kiss.

A/N:
Hey guys! Due to the lack of update I have decided to update twice today!! yay!! 😊😊

Don't forget to vote, comment and share if you enjoy this chapter! 🙆🏻💕

Much love,
Rachel xoxo